Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: July 14, 2019
ResponsibilitiesEvery day, in nearly 100 countries around the
world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display
systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide
vital travel information in airports and train stations and along
highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more
as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators'
experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to
the major leagues.
High School Park and Recreation is recruiting for a Sales
Representative to cover western (US 127 and West) and northern
Lower Peninsula, Michigan. Will generate larger projects by
introducing Daktronics Sports Marketing.
- Work with Regional Manager to develop and successfully execute
a plan for selling products at acceptable order volume with
acceptable profit margin for on premise communication and scoring
needs to schools at the secondary, middle and elementary level, to
park and recreation facilities and to junior and community
- Will be the Daktronics expert consultant with an in depth
understanding of Daktronics products capabilities, features,
functions and operation to best meet the customer's needs. Key
product knowledge will include electronic scoreboards, scoring
systems, electronic message centers, numeric digit displays, video
displays, Allsport and Venus control systems and sound systems.
Continuously learn about Daktronics products by participating in
internal product and sales training, and reviewing sales
- Will contact schools, facilities, junior/community colleges
through in person visits and electronic correspondence.
- Will conduct demonstration of Daktronics products at site
visits, trade shows and meetings. Proactively follow up on new
leads and customers. Promptly follow up on marketing campaign or
trade show leads. Qualify leads to determine project
- Will promote Daktronics name, products and services to schools,
facilities, colleges, architects, consultants, contractors and sign
- Will assist having Daktronics products qualified or specified
in proposal requests, purchasing cooperatives or consultant
- Will develop an effective sales activity pipeline of sufficient
cold calls, referrals, lead qualification, sustainable
relationships, and product replacement opportunities.
- Work effectively as a team member. Work with limited daily
- Become knowledgeable and follow Daktronics policies, processes
- Bachelor's degree.
- Direct Daktronics selling experience of at least six months
- Expert knowledge of Daktronics sport product line and
demonstrated ability to learn technical product quickly.
- Communication skills including good verbal and written skills,
ability to develop and present winning presentations of Daktronics
products and services and negotiate contracts favorable to
Daktronics. Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Negotiation Skills:
- Experience selling product values and features. Must
demonstrate ability to successfully negotiate price without being
the lowest price supplier.
- Understand basics of proposal & sales agreement language to
negotiate/finalize agreements in conjunction with Daktronics Legal
- Motivated and a team player. Initiative to solve problems and
seek improvement. Goal oriented with proven leadership
- Work schedule may include evenings and weekends for
presentations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Must be able to meet and
maintain Daktronics Qualified Driver status. Motor vehicle records
will be checked. Travel is about 2-5% of time with total of 4-13
days away per year. Prefer ability to work from a home office setup
when not traveling.
- Computer skills to best utilize Sales Force, Microsoft Office,
web navigation and internal electronic systems.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas
for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability,
genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status, or citizenship status. If you would like
more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click
Keywords: Daktronics, Grand Rapids , Sales Representative, Sales , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!