Assisted Living Sales Specialist
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 26, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Sales
Representative. This position is accountable for providing sales
functions toward maintaining optimum occupancy and a viable future
resident list of prospective residents. At the direction of the
Sales Director, this position will focus on sales activity required
for effective implementation of the annual sales and marketing plan
and achievement of departmental goals.
In this role, theSales Representativewill:
- Respectfully interact with all residents, family members,
visitors and co-workers, and maintains a positive customer service
relationship practicing honesty and integrity in all aspects of job
- Follow up on inquiries, leading them toward application and
residency. This includes conducting individual and group tours,
telephone calls, letters, individual and group information sessions
on/off site. Fulfills written expectations for sales activity,
including follow-up phone calls, tours, and closing of sales.
- Meet or exceed the sales activity expectations unless otherwise
- Participate in the daily sales activity to assure that monthly
sales and marketing activity goals are met. This will include
making telephone calls to the lead base, setting appointments,
conducting tours and making presentations.
- Through the Call Tracking system for lead generation, inbound
calls will be recorded and used to evaluate performance.
- Attend and participate in all sales department meetings as
directed, including the "Top Ten" review of active prospects and
weekly sales strategy meetings.
- Understand, communicate and interpret all residency
- Ensure processing of all residency applications and forms
required for completion of applicant files. Assures resident
financial information is complete and accurate prior to Finaid
- Maintain records related to sales activity, complies with CL
policies and procedures.
- Participate in church relations and community outreach
activities and events at the direction of the Sales Director.
Ensures follow up with activity and events participants.
- Schedule, plan and implement visits of prospective residents.
These may include but are not limited to: church and community
groups, "Get Acquainted Visits" or individuals and family groups.
May work collaboratively with other staff members assigned to this
function.The ideal candidate will have:
- One year advanced education with a college degree.
- Two years experience in sales, or long-term care environment or
a combination of such experience. Knowledge of sales and marketing
concepts with senior adults and an understanding of retirement
community lifestyle is necessary. Preference will be given to those
candidates with industry experience.
Must have the ability to relate to the public in a pleasant and
- Tactful and possess excellent communication skills (written and
verbal, English), and be able to communicate effectively with
administration, staff, residents and others with whom this position
- Self-motivation and creativity, possessing a high degree of
interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to the public in a
pleasant and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts while enabling
others to visualize a life at a Covenant Living.
- Must be comfortable working in and representing a Covenant
Living, faith-based senior living community.Additional Required
- Sales and marketing ability
- Good communication and written skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of the elderly and their needs
- A sincere desire to be of service to elderly residents and
- Courtesy and tact when dealing with potential residents and
their family members
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Credibility, maturity and enthusiasm
- Ability to identify clients' needs
- Support for the concept of a continuing care retirement
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving
record.For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Grand Rapids , Assisted Living Sales Specialist, Sales , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!