Loan Officer - Outside Sales
Company: American Advisors Group
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:AAG, is the nation's leading reverse mortgage lender.
The company is dedicated to giving seniors a better financial
outcome in retirement through the responsible use of home equity.
In addition to federally-insured Home Equity Conversion (Reverse)
Mortgages, AAG offers a full suite of senior home equity solutions,
including traditional and proprietary mortgages and real estate
services. AAG has more than 1,400 employees and a national
operating footprint with offices in California, Arizona, Texas,
Georgia and New York.
AAG operates by core values of Caring, Driven and Ethical and has
been ranked an Orange County Top Workplace every year since 2013.
Through the AAG Foundation, the company provides support to AAG
employees in need, seniors in the community, and victims of human
trafficking, and encourages employee participation in AAG
Foundation events through its volunteer-time-off program. Through
the AAG Foundation and AAG's official employee engagement program,
#ProjectInspire, employees are given a sense of higher purpose
which both inspires and invigorates the workforce.
We reward hard work, promote from within and offer excellent
training and career development. If this sounds like a company you
are interested in joining, please review the job description
Additionally, you will produce high quality loans which meet
investor guidelines while providing excellent customer service, and
will meet minimum production goals set forth by the company and/or
Sales Manager.Responsibilities:Duties & Responsibilities - Mortgage
Loan Officer - Outside:
- Establish a strong presence for AAG including but not limited
to, developing relationships with Realtors, builders, financial
service providers and Community Groups.
- Participate in all steps related to the origination of a
mortgage loan including but not limited to, meeting with prospects,
counseling borrowers, taking mortgage applications, primarily face
to face, as well as by phone.
- Attend various rallies, luncheons, and events to raise referral
source awareness of the Company's products and services.
- Learn various borrowing programs and processes and stay current
with changes and new products.
- Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative
to the position.Qualifications:Skills and Requirements - Mortgage
Loan Officer - Outside:
- A minimum of 2 years of current outside sales origination
experience, including established contacts/relationships with
realtors, builders, financial planner and other relevant referral
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs.
- NMLS License Required under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy,
underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory, policy and compliance issues
pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Experience in proactively soliciting new business.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple,
simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests
and determine trends in a given market place.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
- Proficiency in standardized software applications, including
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.#IND1
Keywords: American Advisors Group, Grand Rapids , Loan Officer - Outside Sales, Sales , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!