Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales, Road US
Company: DSV Air & Sea Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Posting Title: Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales, Road
The Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales is an integral part
of the Road US team s freight brokerage operations. They assist
with the building and development of relationships with carriers
and customers by providing exceptional customer service. They
ensure that correct information is provided to carriers and
clients, while accurately tracking various shipment pick-ups and
deliveries to their final delivery destination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops carrier relationships in order to effectively support
* Maintains and grows relationships with carrier accounts.
* Ensures problem resolution; including identifying issues,
applying critical thinking to determine the best course of action,
and implementing solutions.
* Has daily contact with carriers to determine availability while
negotiating transportation rates.
* Provides consistent and exceptional customer service levels to
carriers and customers.
* Researches new carriers within the market, generates leads, and
develops new carrier relationships.
* Makes cold and warm calls to current and potential clients to
promote business growth and development.
* Studies and understands seasonal market trends.
* Handles dispatch operations with carriers and drivers.
* Tracks shipment from pickup through delivery so that accurate,
up-to-date information can be provided regarding shipments.
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High School diploma.
* 1 years experience in a logistics, brokerage, or customer service
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
* Solid analytical experience in Excel required
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Position requires strong mathematical skills for project
* Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence
* Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment,
while also delivering independent results
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
* Ability to build strong relationships
* Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works
with a sense of urgency
* High attention to detail and ability to multitask
* Strong organizational skills
* Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer
* Great phone presence and effective interpersonal communication
Education and/or Experience
* 6 months industry experience
* Experience in Oracle preferred
* Experience with Transportation management software a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The
employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
above are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are
considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status,
marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national
origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require
special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with
DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are
interested in learning the status of your application, please note
you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources
contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV
reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport
and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries
work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and
high-quality services as part of the operation or in a variety of
supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy
responsibility, we ll give you the support you need to explore your
potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
PRINT LOCAL SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE ON LINKEDIN SEND AS EMAIL
Why DSV READ THE REASONS
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Mississippi
Keywords: DSV Air & Sea Inc., Grand Rapids , Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales, Road US, Sales , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!