Production Operator - Chemical Mfg Job
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Req Id 30190 - Posted 02/12/2019 - Production / Operations - Grand
Rapids. Michigan. US
Position Hours: Night Shift 6pm-6am, 3 days on/3 days off
Starting pay of $19.50/hour with a pay increase to $21/hour after
successful completion of training/job certification
Plus sign on bonus of $500 after successful 90-day probationary
period (if not referred by an Arkema employee)
Responsible for the manufacture, packaging, and distribution of
specialty chemical products. The desired candidate must be safety
conscious and a highly motivated team player
ensuring that all activities under his/her direction are performed
in accordance within regulatory compliance.
Job Responsibilities Include:
* Load reactors with raw materials, monitoring and troubleshooting
batch process parameters, performing in process and final product
* Operate forklift to move materials around the plant
* Participate in the following daily communications meetings:
Safety Meeting, Shift Change, Shift Planning
* Coordinate daily activities with and reports any issues to the
Production Team Lead
* Maintain proper Housekeeping practices in the production
* Support other Production Team members as needed, if properly
trained for the task
* Health, Environment, Safety, Quality
* Follow site procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient
operation of assigned plant areas.
* Proper handling/disposal of hazardous waste materials
* As required, participate in Root Cause Investigations.
* Understand and execute Emergency Response procedures to mitigate
unplanned events in the process.
* Ensure workplace safety by participating in the Behavior Based
Safety (BBS) Observation program
* Production Technician Responsibilities
* Operate and field check process equipment. Monitor process
conditions, equipment and control systems.
* Performs tasks assigned to operations (Raw material charges,
equipment preparation, process samples, etc).
* Perform in-depth troubleshooting of process equipment and systems
to resolve process deviations and problems.
* Use plant knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant
* Help troubleshoot plant and customer problems.
* Contribute to value creation by continuous improvement of
procedures, the operations work processes and related tools and
* Follow housekeeping and safety procedures to ensure personal
safety and the safety of others.
* Routine use of a computer to communicate via e-mail, complete
online training and other tasks as assigned.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Must have a high school diploma/GED
* Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred
* Must be a safety-conscious, highly motivated team player who is
able to work independently
* Must be able to climb ladders, work outside in all weather
conditions, lift up to 50 lbs and wear PPE including Full face air
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical
and drug screen
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer,
Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day.
Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce
state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with
practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to
drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and
the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40
countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10
research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of $8.1 billion
and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio
of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema,
Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia,
PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in
the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS
The Law\\" poster at
Keywords: Arkema, Grand Rapids , Production Operator - Chemical Mfg Job, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!