Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Value. Respect. Investment in You.
Diesel Fleet Garage/Warehouse - th Street Wyoming, MI 49548
- Shift/Hours: Third Shift 10PM - 6:30AM
- Pay: based upon experience
- Incentive pay $2.75/hr
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hrs/week NO FLAT RATES
- $450/yr tool allowance
- $100/yr boot allowance With over 1800 tractors and 2100
trailers in our private fleet, our dedicated team of Diesel Fleet
Technicians provide repair, maintenance, and preventative
diagnostics for all of our tractors, trailers, refrigeration units,
Put your career in high gear with our team!
A day in the life of our Diesel Fleet Technicians include:
- End to end inspection & diagnostic analysis of equipment
- Establish maintenance and repair schedule to complete for each
- Perform all maintenance, repairs, and preventative (warranty)
maintenance to ensure each unit is ready to return to service
Here's what makes us different:
- Extensive training with a skilled mechanic in first 30 days to
help you find success quickly!
- Hourly rates - no flat rates - we pay you for the time it takes
to complete the job with quality
- Lifts - no pits for your safety
- Pipe over fill stations - no rolling carts and messy
- Clean organized parts room for easy
- We provide the heavier, specialty tools - you bring the
- Continuous training, certification - every year - WE INVEST IN
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunities to grow your future within our companyLike every
job, we have some minimum requirements:
- High school diploma/GED are required
- Valid, unrestricted state-issued driver's license
- Graduate of an accredited Heavy Truck /Diesel Technology School
OR applicable three years experience
- Ability to communicate in English (required) - writing,
speaking, and reading
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 pounds
- Reefer experience preferred!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love
our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you
would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your
subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for
individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Grand Rapids , Fleet Technician, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!