Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift (2:30-11pm)
Company: California Closets - Grand Rapids
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Designing Better Lives! Join a growing team to Supervise our 2nd shift. The Production Supervisor will manage all production operations on the shop floor, under the direction of the Production Manager, and follows established procedures and approved processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- As a Supervisor, you will contribute 80% of your time on the floor with employees
- Supervises the shop floor, working daily with each of the department cell leaders.
- Ensure safety of all team members through proper training and reinforcement in all plant positions.
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job related Quality Objectives, Quality Policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Communicate daily goals to team members as dictated by the production schedule.
- Support Plant Layout changes and direct efficient flow in all departments through standard work for Continual Improvement.
- Work closely with maintenance and monitor equipment reliability.
- Manage daily/weekly production requirements.
- Manage Safety and Continuous Improvement teams during events. COMMITMENT TO SAFETY Must completely understand that the safety of our employees is our number one concern. Therefore, in the event that an unsafe act is witnessed, will take immediate action up to and including stopping production on a machine.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY Must have a complete understanding and working knowledge of all job-related Policies, Procedures, and Instructions. Understanding that failure to perform these activities properly will likely result in dissatisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Requires a HS Diploma and/or GED. Bachelor's Degree preferred in technical field related to Manufacturing
- 3-5 years experience of manufacturing experience and responsibilities; Wood, Furniture, Millwork experience required.
- Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must be familiar with product construction and application.
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Has the ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations. Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, inventory, lawn, manage, mow, plant, scanner, ship, transplant
Keywords: California Closets - Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids , Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift (2:30-11pm), Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!