Class A Truck Driver
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Drive for Holland! As a Driver for Holland, you will be responsible for following safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas and in all weather conditions to transport freight. Load, unload and move materials within terminal or yard. WHY Holland?
- An average of $70,000-$75,000 annually with NO DEDUCTIONS FOR HEALTH CARE PREMIUMS
- NEWER EQUIPMENT - 100 NEW TRACTORS FOR REGIONAL DRIVERS JUST PURCHASED!
- Company paid Health Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay
- Pension Benefits AND 401k
- Direct Deposit
- 5% Wage Increase after 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years
- Annual Cost of living increases are included in the contract
- Consistent work - Reputable and Financially strong company ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all company policies, local work and safety rules, and federal, state and local regulations that govern the industry.
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination in urban, suburban, and rural environments and in all types of weather conditions between company facilities.
- Safe operation of equipment and on-time movement of shipments between company locations and meeting established run times and schedules.
- Follow company procedures for properly and safely loading and unloading freight. Safely operate a forklift to load and unload freight.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions; complete daily log and in/out sheet, and review paperwork for proper trailer placarding.
- Drop and hook trailer(s) and change the configuration of equipment as necessary. Connect air hoses and electrical lines and manually crank dolly wheels.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Inspect the operating condition of the tractor and trailer(s) before and after trip, and when stopped en route.
- Take responsibility for reasonable and customary care for the security of equipment.
- Conduct minor repairs of commercial motor vehicles when instructed to perform such services at the direction of company management.
- Maintain records of all driving trips and mileage as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- When hauling hazardous material, verify the hazardous material product description, determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding.
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update driving and safety skills and knowledge; keep CDL current with endorsement for hazardous material.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and the industry.
- Safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas and in all weather conditions to transport freight.
- Load, unload and move materials within the terminal or yard. Qualifications:
- Valid Class A CDL
- Minimum one year or 50,000 miles verifiable driving experience in the most recent 5 years
- Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsement
- Ability to satisfy DOT requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, greater than 75 lbs. occasionally Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. We want to hear from you! Call us at or text HollandTrucking to 555-888 today!
Keywords: Holland, Grand Rapids , Class A Truck Driver, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!