Distribution Center Operations (Replenishment) Supervisor (10am-8pm sh
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Description This position is for SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L'Oreal USA. SalonCentric is the premier national distributor of beauty products to salons and salon professionals. We are seeking a Distribution Center Operations (Replenishment) Supervisor (10am-8pm shift). SUMMARY: The Operations (Replenishment) Supervisor is responsible for supervising the employees responsible for the receipt, storage, order filling, or loading of inventory as it relates to the daily distribution activities within assigned area(s) of a facility and has functional responsibility for one large or multiple areas such as receiving, picking or outbound functions. Ensures accountability standards based on KPIs and implements change to improve performance and increase workflow efficiencies. General responsibilities include supervision of the replenishment forklift operators to load, unload and put away product. Responsibilities include safety, on time shipping of orders, accurate orders, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a cohesive and effective team within their department by managing and developing employees (including performance feedback, coaching and reviews, training & development, hiring, payroll/timekeeping, terminations, and counseling) to achieve high quality results and productivity aligned with SalonCentric's goals and company values
- Responsible for achieving continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change
- Responsible for learning all functional areas in the operation to support warehouse productivity and output.
- Could be responsible for facility in absence of Manager or Director of Operations.
- Plan and prioritize daily workflow of product receipts and/or customer orders
- Review daily production schedules and adjust staffing levels according to distribution volume to achieve service and cost objectives
- Ensure that external customers receive the highest level of service through accurate order processing and on-time delivery
- Being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner for both internal and external customers
- Responsible for vendor interaction to ensure accurate inventories of warehouse supplies.
- Ensure that all general warehouse employees abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment.
- Periodically audit general warehouse employee safety compliance through MESUR process
- Provide frequent communications on safety-related subjects to general warehouse employees and encourage ideas that can improve safety performance.
- Monitors daily housekeeping of the warehouse facility
- Manage submission of daily productivity information for KPI Dashboard.
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of 2 - 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Valid state driver's license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan with company match
- Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
- Employee assistance plan
- Generous employee discount on beauty products
- A professional and enjoyable working environment with potential for growth! SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.#SCJOB1
Keywords: SalonCentric, Grand Rapids , Distribution Center Operations (Replenishment) Supervisor (10am-8pm sh, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!