Analyst, Sr Operations
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 20, 2023
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career
and your community! Meijer Rewards
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth Please
review the job profile below and apply today! This is a technical
and tactical response position within Meijer's IT Systems with a
focus on ITIL Service Management best practices. The Incident
Manager is responsible for Major Incident response-coordination of
subject matter experts and business operation stakeholders to
assess incident impact, mitigate on-going risk to the business and
to restore services as soon as possible when degradations,
interruptions and outages occur. Additionally, this position is
responsible for collecting, documenting, and maintaining incident
related event-details and generating reports for data/trend
analytics..What You'll Be Doing:
- Assists in implementation of Business Systems Service Desk,
applying ITIL principles to the practices used by the team to track
and resolve requests, changes, and problems.
- Adapt Service Management processes to integrate with evolving
- Facilitate Change Advisory Board meeting(s) to provide
visibility / approval for notable change activity.
- Ensures all administration and reports are maintained and up to
date, including contacts information, technical diagrams, post
major incident reviews. Owns the delivery of monthly status and
summary reporting for Major incidents and Problem Tickets.
- Providing periodic major incident metrics reports.
- Document's incident-response compliance with Meijer's Service
Level Agreements and maintain reporting framework for SLAs
- Monitor on-going high priority active incidents, including
extended and after-hours escalations; As needed coordinate
resources including scheduling meetings, establishing conference
calls, and engaging in chats. Leverage technology to issue all
communications related to Major Incident Management.
- Manage matrix of people, processes and resources including
third parties - including resolving conflict to move forward to
resolution, accountable for resolving outages and service
degradations via workaround or permanent fix.
- Leads, drives, facilitates, and chairs all investigation
activities, meetings, and conference calls related to Major
- Ensure clear communication to executives and key stakeholders
regarding the business impact, risks, prioritization, mitigation,
and estimated time-to-fix for these issues.
- Ensure the problems progress through the Problem Management
process in a timely and prioritized fashion related to all major
- Conducts Post Incident Review for all Major Incidents caused by
Meijer's internal teams, processes, and products.
- Coordinates and obtains RCA dispositions for incidents caused
by 3rd party vendors.
- Identify, define, and plan corrective actions based on the Post
Incident Review/Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is in place for reliable
operations of all critical applications and initiate corrective
action plans when appropriate.
- Perform analysis on incidents and produces periodic reporting
and dashboards to assist management.
- Maintains working knowledge of automation tools.
- Promote the role and value of Service Management processes
across the entire organization
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required.What You'll Bring With You:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related
discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is
- Master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 6+ years of Incident management experience
- Direct experience managing day to day and training related to
ITSM solution and processes.
- Any SAFe certification or training or working in SAFe Agile
enabled delivery teams.
- ITIL Foundations certification or training preferred.
- Strong technical understanding of incident response and
operations within public cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, or
- Knowledge of Cloud, Network, Infrastructure & Microsoft Office
- Analytical & detail orientated thought process with the ability
to take methodical approach to activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of mainframe automation tools.
- PC experience, including Windows, DOS and Microsoft
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Meijer, Grand Rapids , Analyst, Sr Operations, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!