Construction Project Accounting Specialist
Company: Owen Ames Kimball
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. (O-A-K) is an employee-owned company and
fixture in West Michigan, Southwest Florida, and Colorado
commercial, educational, industrial, and heavy/civil construction
landscape for over 130 years.
We are currently seeking a Project Accounting Specialist - to join
our Accounting Team in Grand Rapids.
- Prepare Monthly Pay Applications using AIA G702/G703 and other
Accounts Receivable Invoice Forms as required by Owner
- Ensure Subcontractor/Suppliers Waivers of Lien are received and
- Ensure all Compliance requirements for W-9's, Insurance
Certificates, EEO, and other documents are met by Subcontractors
- Prepare Sworn Statements for billings as required.
- Assist in the follow-up on outstanding accounts receivable
invoices and ensure positive cash flow for the company and its
- Ensure contracts and change orders are processed accurately and
- Analyze project variances and work with the project team to
ensure corrective action is taken.
- Ensure Project Files are organized and follow project document
- Work closely with our customers to ensure their reporting needs
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and experience: Candidates for the Billing Specialist
should have 3+ years of experience, preferably in a construction
project cost environment, a bachelor's degree in accounting or
business, is preferred, but equivalent experience will be
- Eye for Details: Accuracy is critical for success in this role.
Candidate must have superior organizational, communication (both
written and verbal) and decision-making skills.
- Tech know-how: A strong background in using all Microsoft
Office programs, particularly Excel, as well as with an ability to
become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Trust:Our clients return to O-A-K because we are honest,
genuine, and authentic; our sense of integrity guides our work.
This is simply who we are, and this what we expect from each and
every person at O-A-K. Candidate must be able to maintain
confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with sensitive
- Embodiment of our corporate values: Choosing what's right,
every time; A can-do attitude; A personal sense of responsibility;
People who value people.
Apply today if you're looking for a great opportunity with a
growing company that can offer:
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including
competitive salary, 401k profit sharing arrangement and health care
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the
best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of
- The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture
encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you'll do
and the value you'll bring.
- Stable, reputable company. O-A-K was founded in Grand Rapids in
1891. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout
Michigan, Florida, and Colorado with approximately $400 million
worth of construction projects each year.
O-A-K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Owen Ames Kimball, Grand Rapids , Construction Project Accounting Specialist, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...