Posted on: May 25, 2023
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
Sheridan is a family of innovators and doers who are a part of
something far greater than themselves.
We value the craft and art of printing and the processes used to
create and distribute the world's content.
We care about each other, support each other, and provide every
opportunity for training, growth, and developments. We work hard,
we have fun, and we are proud of what we do. -YOUR CAREER AWAITS---
The Maintenance Manager will manage the maintenance team and
activities for the building, utility systems, equipment, and
grounds. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for overseeing
all capital projects of the company as assigned.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and develop new staff in the
maintenance department.------ -
- Ensure that maintenance department personnel receive training
and development mechanically, electrically and in all other
- Demonstrate appreciation and recognition to engage and retain
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the maintenance staff to
ensure the quality of the work and assign tasks to department
- Provide constructive and timely feedback, coaching, and annual
performance evaluations.------ -
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.--- -
- Monitor & maintain annual budgets for personnel, supplies,
repair and maintenance, training, and capital additions.
- Maintain an adequate parts inventory and ensure it is accurate,
up to date and that we are in compliance with budgeted
- Manage all assigned capital projects from vendor selection and
quoting, to obtaining approval and overseeing installation to
satisfactory completion. All capital projects must be managed to
come in at or under budgeted amounts.
- Update the plant manager about the capital project needs of the
facility and equipment.
- Consults with plant manager on any schedule and production
- Report all safety concerns to the plant manager.
- Manage the preventative maintenance program to ensure proper
operation of all the equipment and facilities to the quality
standards specified by company OEM's.
- Work with outside vendors to schedule equipment and facility
repairs and preventative maintenance and ensure they act in a safe
fashion while on company premises.
- Makes regular daily visual inspections of building, grounds,
facilities, equipment, and projects in process or completed.
- Investigate, evaluate, and install machinery and equipment
which will increase the quality and effectiveness of the
- Develop and implement methods and procedures which will reduce
unplanned downtime and increase equipment utilization and life
- Develop and implement methods and procedures which will
increase the quality and efficiency of the department.
- Acquire and maintain an awareness of developments in the
overall industry which may be applicable to the operations of the
- Develop and maintain working conditions and procedures that are
consistent with all safety, health, and environmental
- Participate as an active and positive member of Company-wide
management committees, including the Safety Committee.
- Participate in a constructive and proactive manner with
customers and personnel from other departments.
- Be available on-call as needed.
- Attend various training seminars as assigned by the Company or
required by regulatory agencies.
- Support the CJK Group Core Values effort throughout the
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned or
- High School diploma/GED required
- Associate's degree or 5 years of experience in related
position, with 2-4 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to function in a very fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failure and identify root
causes of mechanical problems
- Demonstrates sound judgement and effective problem solving
- Effective email and electronic communication skills are
- Interviewing, coaching and development skills.
- Ability to establish priorities as customers' needs change.
- Ability to multi-task with extreme attention to detail and
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience working in the print industry
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
- Work environment involves some exposure to excessive noise and
being near moving machinery.
- Must wear safety shoes and when appropriate hearing protection
when on production floor.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 616-818-4396
Keywords: Sheridan, Grand Rapids , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Clarksville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...