Automatic Press Technician Tier 1
Company: EG Professional
Location: Cedar Springs
Posted on: May 24, 2023
EG Workforce is hiring an Automatic Press Technician - Level 1
on behalf of Pridgeon and Clay in Grand Rapids, MI.
Position: -Automatic Press Technician Tier 1
Compensation: -$19 - $22 per hour; pending experience level
Schedule: -Review Shift Times Below
- 2nd Shift: -Monday through Friday from 2:30pm to 11pm
- 3rd Shift: -Sunday through Thursday from 10:30pm to 7am
Position Summary: -
The Automatic Press Technician - Level 1 sets up and operates
automatic presses to stamp metal parts in an exemplary manner
according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum
- Diploma or GED
- 6 Months experience setting up and operating automatic presses
and trouble-shooting dies (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to prove mechanical inclination, computer literacy and
general math knowledge through aptitude testing
- Willingness to attend off-site, job-related training
- Willingness to train and work on any shift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent work records (including attendance)
- Technicians are responsible for owning a set of approved
calipers and micrometers
(Minimum requirements are updated annually to meet the demands of
various positions; employees hired prior to the latest revision
update may not meet all current requirements)
- Learn to stage, set, and become proficient in troubleshooting
dies for automatic presses (using press controls and
- Learn to load coils, blank feed, operate departmental
straighteners and presses to process parts.
- Learn to maintain press fluid levels.
- Learn to prepare, load, and adjust feeders. Verify proper raw
material/stock against router and check
- Learn to run parts on the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
and interpret the reports to verify the quality of parts
- Read, understand, and complete all production paperwork and
tags, including scrap, move, production and bar code. Use the
routing system to proficiently start jobs, print labels, (load
components/raw materials) and close out jobs.
- Follow set up instructions when setting up presses.
- Operate the automatic presses, following general operator
instructions and the control plans, including reading,
understanding, and completing all production paperwork, and
reading, following and completing tags.
- Follow general operator instructions when operating the
- Pack and stack parts according to internal and external
- Place coils and parts in proper storage areas, properly dispose
unusable skids, dump trash from press area, and dump used coil
- Complete training and receive license to operate hi-los,
cranes, and die carts (no license required).
- Learn to retrieve and store dies for the department.
- Has completed all Automatic Press P&C courses or has
demonstrated experience justifying a waiver
- Follow all ISO/TS policies and procedures.
- Use calipers, micrometers, height gages, protractors, attribute
gates, variable gages, taper gages, and/or ring gages to ensure
quality production per the Control Plan.
- Operate the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and interpret
- Document procedures per the control plan, including visual
inspections, first-piece and parts-inprocess inspections, and
Statistical Process Control (SPC) Charting, reporting any
discrepancies to the Team Leader.
- Consistently follow safety procedures during all phases of
work: set up, installation of dies, loading material, operating
- Use designated personal protective equipment for the work
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate
Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles/5S:
- Participate in lean initiatives and continuous improvement and
problem-solving events, applying lean manufacturing concepts to
work methods (CIA's, quick set-up, standardized work,
errorproofing) and identifying and attempting to eliminate all
types of waste.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they
- Participate in the development and implementation of successful
action plans to achieve temporary and permanent corrective actions,
- Monitors press strokes per minute (SPM) and drive for
- Organize and maintain work area and 5S zone to optimize
productivity (based on audit score), including items such as
sweeping, mopping, wiping down press controls, and controlling
- Demonstrate good communication skills and competency when
providing troubleshooting guidance to team members and when
directing the work of others, such as Utility workers, Hi-lo
Drivers, and others.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all
pertinent information to co-workers, effectively communicating with
Die Techs, Maintenance personnel, team members and management
personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management
personnel to enhance teamwork and communication
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all
pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the
hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and
procedures, including ISO, IATF 16949, and safety
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including
professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for
employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People,
Customers, Safety, We Can If---Do What It Takes, and Ownership)
daily, through thoughts and actions.
About Pridgeon and Clay: -
Pridgeon & Clay is one of the largest independent, value-added
manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked
components in the United States. Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon
and Donald Clay, the company has grown from its roots in Grand
Rapids, Michigan to provide engineering,
design,---A2LA-accredited---testing and manufacturing services to
industries such as automotive, heavy truck, agriculture, battery,
fuel cell and alternative-energy. With more than 80 engineers on
staff and more than 1,000 employees globally, Pridgeon & Clay has
the experience to take products from ideation through prototype and
on to serial production. The company has more than 100 presses
around the globe to meet customers' needs. -
Hired In Perks: -
As part of Pridgeon and Clay's commitment to their people, their
comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes medical,
dental, and life insurance. You can also take advantage of tuition
reimbursement, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), a 401(k),
and career development programs. -
Why Work for EG + Pridgeon & Clay? -
- Weekly Paycheck
- Employee Appreciation -
- Referral Programs -
- Access to knowledgeable recruiters -
- Training and Development -
- A safe, team-oriented work environment with a leadership team
that values your input -
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the
organization through continuous improvement and problem-solving
- A positive work/life balance -
- An opportunity for career growth - Over 70% of their leaders
have been promoted from within -
Keywords: EG Professional, Grand Rapids , Automatic Press Technician Tier 1, Professions , Cedar Springs, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...