Technician, Union - Class C Mechanic
Location: Byron Center
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Technician performs mechanical services on new and used equipment in the service shop area. Position is responsible for testing, repairing and rebuilding equipment. Additional responsibilities include; writing service reports, assigning time to jobs and adhering to all safety regulations. Technician is also responsible for housekeeping (5S) and properly maintaining company issued tools and equipment.
* Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in shop area.
* Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the service shop.
* Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
* Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
* Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
* Two to four years' mechanical experience with heavy equipment. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
* Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Applies initiative, demonstrating a "self starting" ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
* Exhibits good problem solving skills; is able to identify problems, solicit other's opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
* Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
* Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems.
* The ability to work over time and weekends.
Keywords: MacAllister, Grand Rapids , Technician, Union - Class C Mechanic, Professions , Byron Center, Michigan
here to apply!