Lead Technician - 3rd Shift, Adolescents
Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of
downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric
facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are
licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint
Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the
evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral
health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we
are seeking qualified applicants for a Lead Technician position.
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor or Registered Nurse,
the Lead Mental Health Technician (MHT) is responsible to carry out
the daily routines of patient care supervisor. The Lead MHW will
also ensure clinical excellence, safety, and crisis management of
patient population by direct support to the patients and newly
hired team members.
Visit us online at: https://forestviewhospital.com/ Key Job Duties
- Completes rounds on patients every 15 minutes or sooner to
provide patient safety. Documents according to policies. Promptly
reports changes in condition.
- Assists in the ongoing assessment of the safety and emotional
needs of each patient.
- Demonstrates awareness of the key elements of the treatment
plans for all assigned patients and provides intervention/care
accordingly on an individualized basis.
- Promotes a warm and welcoming environment when paired with
newly hired MHT's, providing training, guidance, and support that
is consistent with patient care, safety standards, and policy and
procedure. Responds to questions in a respectful manner. Reports
concerns promptly when identified.
- Encourages newly hired MHT's to engage with patients, promoting
participation in their treatment, while promoting safety.
- Encourages patients to engage in therapeutic and leisure
- Collaborates with the Milieu Manager and other unit personnel
in maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu. Reports to all Code
Yellow pages taking direction from the RN in charge. Acts as a
prominent member in the de-escalation process while assisting the
RN in directing the situation. Assist with patients needing to be
restrained or secluded and providing 1:1 during these incidents.
Conducts or assists with the Staff Debriefing following a physical
- Assists patients with their personal grooming and personal
hygiene, appropriate to the patient's age, developmental level and
- Leads groups/activities to meet the needs of various patient
populations as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships,
maintains boundaries and does not allow self-disclosure consistent
with the Professional Boundary Policy.
- Creates and maintains a supportive environment by promoting
positive behaviors, emotional support, and ensures the patient is
always in a safe and healthy environment.
- Participates with other personnel in maintaining a safe and
therapeutic milieu. Provides verbal de-escalation techniques and
physical management, as needed. Assist with patients needing to be
restrained or secluded and providing 1:1 during these
- Responsible for the completion of weekly environmental rounds,
assuring the unit and patient rooms are clean and always meet
environmental standards. Submits written findings, completes work
orders as needed.
- Adheres to and models Infection Control policies and procedures
of the hospital and always follows standard precautions.
- Assist the RN with patient admissions and discharges. Completes
vital signs, belongings searches, and orientation to the unit as
- Maintains professional standards of practice, performance, and
- Upholds patient confidentiality.
- Participates in at least 80% attendance at unit staff meetings
and in-services annually.
- Promotes and maintains departmental functioning in a
professional manner. Benefits Highlights:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Reimbursement Program (Up to $200 per month)
- Pet Insurance and much moreHours: This is a full-time position
(32 or 40 hours/week) on 3rd shift. There is an every other weekend
requirement. One of the nation's largest and most respected
providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health
Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and
performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed
Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in
2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most
Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune
500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public
Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000
employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care
hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient
facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance
offering, a physician network and various related services located
in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United
Kingdom. EEO StatementForest View Hospital is committed to
providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment
opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest
View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly
support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement,
promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity,
and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.NoticeAt Forest View Hospital, our Human
Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by
matching skillset and experience with the best possible career
path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in
class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let
us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors' Degree in Human Services or a combination of
education and previous experience preferred
- Must have successfully completed 9-12 months of employment,
with demonstrated dependability and reliability
- Current CPR/Handle with Care Certification required.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Grand Rapids , Lead Technician - 3rd Shift, Adolescents, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...