Refrigeration Design Engineer
Company: Marvel Refrigeration
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Now Hiring Refrigeration Design EngineerLocation: Greenville,
MichiganReports to: Chief EngineerJoin a team focused on designing
high-quality products from prototype to production. Marvel
Refrigeration is looking for a Refrigeration Design Engineer, who
excels in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for the
manufacturing process, and has the personal drive to meet project
timelines in this hands-on role. Marvel creates American crafted
undercounter refrigeration & ice products for home and
outdoor-since 1892.Perks you can expect from Marvel:
- A competitive benefits package including 401(k) matching
- Company provided life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off at start
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program.Expected Hours of Work:This position
is full-time. The general scheduled workdays are Monday through
Friday, plus overtime when required.Position Overview:The
Refrigeration Design Engineer works as part of a process and
product improvement/inception unit, focusing on product and process
development by using engineering principles to increase the
efficiency and value of the business, while utilizing cost
effective mechanisms and improving overall product performance,
reliability, and safety. This position will focus on our Viking,
U-Line, and Marvel brand.Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand various refrigeration design
- Ability to utilize engineering principles to develop an
optimized product design.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project schedules,
including program plans that identify work scope, schedules,
milestones, tasks, priorities, and risks.
- Manage program/project issues and risks by effectively working
with departments to develop parallel paths, contingencies, and risk
mitigation plans to meet project deliverables per budget and
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment with
overall project scope and schedules.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings to
ensure overall project alignment.
- Effectively communicate program/project status to all
stakeholders including project team members, resource owners,
suppliers, and customer groups.
- Escalate issues and risks as appropriate to ensure
- Ability to use 3D CAD software packages to build a conceptual
idea for prototyping and communications to other departments.
- Analyze product applications, investigate customer/field
problems, and answer customer inquiries related to product
- Assist Production supervisor as needed.Qualifications:
- Dependable and timely.
- Working experience in refrigeration system designs
- Working experience in water/ice subsystems.
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done, including
eliciting cooperation from senior management and other
- Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple complex
programs/projects, and rapidly adapt/respond to changes in
environment and priorities.
- Advanced organizational, problem solving, and analysis
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented,
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, initiative, and
commitment to work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent written and verbal
- Shows strong creativity and innovation.Requirements:
- BS/MS in Engineering or closely related field.
- 2-5 years of kitchen appliance in specific to refrigeration
related design experience preferred.
- Experienced with project management techniques/tools and data
- Experienced in 3D CAD/PLM systems. CATIA/Solidworks knowledge
- Advanced experience with applications including MS Project,
Excel, Word, and Outlook. PI201846042
Keywords: Marvel Refrigeration, Grand Rapids , Refrigeration Design Engineer, Professions , Greenville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...