Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Maintenance or Electrical Technician 3rd Shift
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
Sheridan is a family of innovators and doers who are a part of
something far greater than themselves.
We value the craft and art of printing and the processes used to
create and distribute the world's content.
We care about each other, support each other, and provide every
opportunity for training, growth, and developments. We work hard,
we have fun, and we are proud of what we do. YOUR CAREER AWAITS---
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and maintains machinery and
mechanical equipment used in production and related services,
maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Rebuild machines and overhauls troublesome components and
attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or
replacement of purchased parts.
- Performs maintenance on the building, facilities and
- Assists to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming
projects and the requirements for completion. Complete assigned
projects as directed.
- Performs all assigned preventive maintenance on production
equipment and machinery and the building and grounds.
- Orders parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintains technical competency and remains current in
technology and changes in the industry.
- Works as a team member and participates in Total Productive
Management. (TPM) efforts.
- Complies with all safety regulations and work rules.
- Performs general housekeeping in working area.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a Mechanical or Electrical Technician
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with
only occasional variables.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
Base Schedule is Monday to Friday and will include some Saturday
overtime as well as periodic overtime through the week.
- 1st shift: 7 AM-3 PM
- 2nd shift: 3 PM-11 PM
- 3rd shift: 11 PM-7 AM
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Shift premiums: 2nd shift-5% and 3rd shift-7%
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 616-818-4396
Keywords: Sheridan, Grand Rapids , Electrical Technician, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!