Plastic Process Technician
Company: 2gen Manufacturing
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job DescriptionSetup Technician/ProcessorThis person performs
set up, processing and provides technical support to manufacturing
and engineering in all phases of injection molding and secondary
operations. BASIC QUALIFICATIONSThis position requires a high
school diploma, prior technical training and experience with
plastic molding. Must be highly motivated with good organization,
communication, and writing skills. Knowledge and experience in
processing polypropylene, nylon, acetal, polycarbonate, and other
engineering grade resins required. Must be hands-on with a high
mechanical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills. Ability
to work well under pressure and handle tasks simultaneously is a
must. Candidate needs to be in decent physical condition due to
frequent lifting of heavy materials. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND
- Performs all setup work on injection molding machines. This
includes cleaning up after yourself and maintaining a clean work
environment and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of
machines according to parts being produced and color changes.
- Performs all processing of injection molding machines per
process sheet specifications.
- When the process sheet is not available, start the process with
a standard decoupled molding process.
- Responsible for quality parts of the tool. Thorough knowledge
of all operations.
- Set up auxiliary equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for the condition of the tools and for following
the tool repair/maintenance procedure.
- Responsible for machine safety and for following all prescribed
lock out procedures. Always working in a safe manner.
- Troubleshoots molding process as necessary.
- Completes required documentation including First Part
Checklist, Process Setup Verification & Time Tracking Sheets.
- Recommends continuous improvement methods.
- Clean hoppers, grinder, and purges.
- Cleaning molds and checking that leader pins are not dry at
least once per day
- Checking machines daily for oil leaks, nozzle leaks, and other
potential conditions that could cause damage or loss of production
- Manage mold locations by putting them back in a proper
location. If they dont have a location, then find a place for them
out of the production area.
- Material handling
- Fill in as Direct labor when needed such as situations for
breaks and absent operators.
- Load and unload truck when needed
- May need to work weekends as required to meet our customers
- Will perform other tasks as assigned by Operation Manager.
- Ensure quality products are being packed on machines.
- At all times must be an asset to the company. This will include
stepping outside of job description to help others. by Jobble
Keywords: 2gen Manufacturing, Grand Rapids , Plastic Process Technician, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!