Production/Shift Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Company: Commercial Tool Group
Location: Comstock Park
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCG Plastics is looking to add a Full-Time
Production/Shift Supervisor to our crew to support our production
demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility! Third shift runs
Sunday-Thursday, 11:00 PM to 7:15 AM.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Manage all aspects of production responsibilities in accordance
with customer requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide positive coaching to
individuals within the department.
- Working technical role that requires hands-on support to
machines, operators, repair, materials, etc.
- Perform all functions within the plastic injection molding
operation when required.
- Understand and maintain adherence of company policies and
procedures amongst all team members.
- Perform technical duties and clear machine alarms as
- Ensure quality standards are met for the molded parts based
upon Good Manufacturing Practices and outlined procedures.DUTIES
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator, other Shift
Supervisors, and Engineering Manager to ensure accuracy for all
orders can be maintained.
- Lead all activities necessary during a shift to manage machine
operation, product integrity and compliance to standards.
- Troubleshoot and correct production or mechanical issues on the
floor. Follow escalation matrix as needed.
- Always promote and ensure a safe work environment.
- Review and mentor staff according to company objectives and
- Monitor injection molding machines and ensure parts satisfy
- Inspect parts for quality defects.
- Track feedback on quality findings and report processing
problems to appropriate personnel.
- Meet all quality, quantity, and Good Manufacturing Practices to
satisfy the customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper operation of measurement scales to determine
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas to ensure efficiency and
no safety hazards.
- Review paperwork for proper documentation to comply with
- Reinforce outlined procedures, safety guidelines, quality and
cost standards are met to maintain the company's mission and
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in a plastic injection molding facility as
a process technician required.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required
(minimum of 3 years).
- Able to communicate effectively and mentor/lead others in a
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Able to communicate and understand expectations for not only
the supervisor role but that of the team members to be
- Able to work independently
- Able to react to issues and escalate issues to management as
- Must be proficient at record-keeping and documenting
- Must understand MIOSHA guidelines and how they apply to the
shop floor operationsCOMPENSATION:
- Commensurate with experience
- Shift Premiums: 10% for 2nd or 3rd Shift
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Flexible
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k)If you are eager to work and dependable, you are
encouraged to apply.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Commercial Tool Group, Grand Rapids , Production/Shift Supervisor - 3rd Shift, Professions , Comstock Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!