Material Handler 2nd Shift
Company: Magna International
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Number: 31604 -Group: Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting
- -Division: Magna Mirrors Lowell -Job Type: Permanent/Regular
-Location: ALTO -Group DescriptionThe Mechatronics, Mirrors and
Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are
driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge
to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions
systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's
expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
Role Summary Loads, unloads, and/or moves materials within or near
plant, or work site by performing the following duties. Key
- Hilo trained, and will obey plant and federal hilo laws.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain
materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks, pallets,
racks, and shelves by hand, with hilo or latter.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated
- Verifies all labels and tags.
- Participates in problem solving and continuous improvement
- Completes operator check sheets on hilos and keeps hilos
- Performs housekeeping activities.
- Understand your responsibility for health and safety in the
workplace. Cooperate with OSHA MIOSHA inspectors. Wear the
appropriate personal protective equipment. Follow all safety rules.
Report unsafe conditions immediately. Report injuries, accidents,
illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately. Will not
remove or make ineffective any protective device such as a guard,
light curtain, etc. Will not use or operate any machine or
equipment that the employee is not trained to operate. Will not use
or operate any machine or equipment in a manner that may endanger
any employee including themselves.
- Communicates shortages/problems to appropriate personnel.
- Stocks product in assigned bins.
- Assists receiving with raw in-process material that is to be
moved to the warehouse or main floor.
- Performs all inventory transactions between control
- Participates in all inventories. Key
Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential
duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Ability to read and interpret a variety of written
procedures, part numbers, part descriptions and operation
instruction sheets. Able to write routine production reports, tags
and labels. Hilo permit. Education/Experience: High school diploma
or general education degree (GED) Industrial shipping/warehouse
experience preferred. Additional Information 2nd shift applications
Keywords: Magna International, Grand Rapids , Material Handler 2nd Shift, Professions , Alto, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!