Global Logistics & Compliance Manager
Company: Welsh & Associates, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee company-wide logistics program to ensure the accurate,
timely, and efficient flow of materials and products in order to
best service customers.
- Manage carrier relationships and performance in line with
stated objectives and service level commitments.
- Control transportation expenses to operate within budget
- Continuously monitor and analyze logistics network and freight
spend; identifying opportunities to improve service and financial
- Oversee third-party freight pay and audit program, driving
improvements in accuracy and timeliness of carrier invoicing and
payment. In addition, establish reporting and metric systems to
facilitate detailed analytics targeted at identifying improvement
- Serve as the trade compliance expert, ensuring all
international trade is executed safely and lawfully.
- Utilize internal and external partners to develop
cross-functional teams to achieve performance objectives.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the
logistics organization. Lead Continuous Improvement initiative to
constantly test and evaluate procedures and optimize
- Assist Leadership with the creation and implementation of
strategic initiatives. Maintain and review priorities with teams on
a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cadence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply
Chain Management, Operations Management or an equivalent
- 5+ years of transportation and/or logistics management
- Demonstrated understanding of logistics best practices and
transportation cost analysis with track record of
- Experience with carrier management including contract
negotiations, administration, and performance management.
- Demonstrated excellence leading a logistics function,
developing people and processes.
- Certification in APICS or ISM a plus
Keywords: Welsh & Associates, Inc., Grand Rapids , Global Logistics & Compliance Manager, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!