Posted on: February 25, 2021
One of the country's leading Automotive Seating companies is
looking for a Materials Analyst to join the team!
- Reviews blueprints and product specifications to accurately
determine amount of materials needed.
- Documents overall material need, including all codes, brands,
and contact information necessary to process orders.
- Adjusts amounts for existing inventory and for orders of
- Requires ability to understand engineering documents and work
closely with members of the engineering team. Behaviors and
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the
professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive
and confidential data relating to risk and cost.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the
- The ability to understand the values of team members and to
support them appropriately.
- More interested in business results th an personal preferences,
and in group, rather than individual, achievement.
- Knowledge of strategic business objectives, how supply planning
supports these objectives and the ability to drive results toward
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure, with limited
- Well-organized and with a high level of attention to detail.
Education and Training
- An undergraduate degree in supply chain management, operations,
engineering, mathematics or a related field MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to
understand key supply-planning concepts and communicate with
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to perform in a
command-and-control role under pressure and to manage multiple
priorities with competing demands.
- Excellent analytical, data processing and problem-solving
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic,
multicultural business environment. Job Requirements:Knowledge
- Ability to working within high-performing teams in highly
- Building relationships with key internal and external
customers, based on trust and confidence.
- Data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis,
including business process metrics and measures linking to business
KPIs, ideally within a retail environment.
- Translating business goals and metrics into business process
outcomes and related business cases for specific projects.
- Knowledge of general plant & supply chain operations
- ERP logic
- Understanding/familiarity of the supply-planning software
currently in use by the organization. Experience
The following experience is considered essential:
- 3-5 years of experience using PC-based applications (Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- 3-5 years working in a supply-planning, team-based
- 3-5 years working in a cross-functional collaborative
environment, ideally within a retail organization.
- 3-5 years working outside of the United States
- Experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning or S&OP The
following experience is considered desirable but not mandatory:
- 5+ years of experience in working in the automotive
- 5+ years of experience working within supply chain
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with modeling, analysis and
- Experience with JDA planning software
- Tenured membership of professional organizations, trade or user
groups, and a pattern of regular attendance at industry conferences
to enhance knowledge of supply chain planning. The following
experience is considered essential:
- Manage international supply base supporting North American
- Manage Supplier Management Process
- Manage Supplier Delivery Performance
- Maintain raw material supply to support supply plan
- Balance Inventory with Operational efficiency and costs
- Report out on Supply Plan KPI's related to Supplier
- Align with Supply Chain Director, Operations Director and Plant
teams on inventory strategy
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Supply Chain Execution Team,
- Planning Team and Operations on maintaining supply of raw
- Support standardization across region
- Participates in and oversees projects that influence the
direction and execution of SCM process
- Support capacity studies
- Perform analysis as required
Keywords: Confidential, Grand Rapids , Materials Analyst, Professions , Holland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!