Avionics Technician Lead
Company: Signature Flight Support Corporation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 23, 2021
ABOUT USSignature TECHNICAir's world-class MRO service is
available in 11 U.S. locations and 3 U.K. locations. Each location
has a long history of highly personalized service, rapid response,
and precision quality. When it comes to safety, Signature
TECHNICAir embraces the highest of possible standards.-
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary range based on experience.-
- Medical insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance.-
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday).-
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.-
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA).-
- Uniforms provided.-
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.-
- Opportunity to participate in employer-paid training
- Tuition Assistance Program-SUMMARYLeadsand directs the work of
employees engaged in installation and repair ofavionics equipment
and accessories.-- Mayperform the same or similar functions as that
assigned to the workgroup.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Reviewwork order of incoming aircraft and work in process to
determine labor, partsand equipment necessary to accomplish the
assigned repairs and/orinstallations.
- Schedule,assign and supervise work as necessary.
- Monitoraccuracy of parts or equipment removal and installation
records; ensureidentification and timely disposition of defective
parts or cores.
- Monitorthe disassembly and re-assembly of aircraft undergoing
installation; ensureequipment and interior removed are accurately
identified, recorded and storedsafely until re-assembly of the
- Assistmanagement with completing all required paperwork,
equipment lists, weight andbalance records and closure of work
orders.-Ensure that aircraft and operation records are maintained
in accordancewith FAA regulations and company procedures.
- Participatein maintenance test flights for system performance,
troubleshooting and adjustment.
- -Assist avionics technicians in areas ofinstallation or repair
of avionics equipment and/or accessories.
- Reportdaily to supervision detailing status of work orders,
parts requirements, laborrequirements and any other matters
pertaining to the timely completion of work.
- Monitorwork area for safety hazards; remain informed regarding
work-related health andsafety issues and communicates safety
information to technicians.
- Determinepresent and future requirements for technical data,
maintenance manuals, ramptest equipment, labor, spare parts and
expendables and make recommendation tosupervision.
- Understandthe operation of various aircraft and aviation
systems.- Provide on-the-job training and instructionto technicians
- Performother duties as assigned.ESSENTIALJOB
FUNCTIONSThefollowing functions may be performed in variable
weather and environmentalconditions such as jet engine fumes, dust
or jet engine noise.- Must have ability to:
- Regularlywalk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
crawl, use hands to finger,handle or feel objects, reach with hands
and arms, talk and hear.
- Occasionallylift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Read,write and fluently speak and understand the English
- Readand interpret safety rules, installation, operating and
maintenanceinstructions and procedures.
- Communicateeffectively with customers and employees.
- Performsimple math calculations and apply basic concepts of
algebra and geometry.
- Wearuniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Reportto work in a regular and timely manner.
Position RequirementsJOB REQUIREMENTS- To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
job function satisfactorily.Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
job functions.High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
plus five (5) years experience with general aviation or corporate
jet aircraft.FCC and A&P license preferred.Must possess a valid
state driver's license.Must have basic computer skills.Must provide
all tools necessary to perform essential job functions.An Equal
Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
Keywords: Signature Flight Support Corporation, Grand Rapids , Avionics Technician Lead, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!