IT Security GRC Analyst Intern
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Why Choose Acrisure?
In record time, Acrisure has become the fastest growing insurance
broker globally. A top 20 player a few years ago, we are now in the
top 10 of insurance broker globally, with ambitious plans to
continue growing at pace. Beyond our growth, our dedication to
client service, as fueled by our business model and culture, means
that Acrisure's opportunity is to be the most relevant and
successful, privately held insurance broker in the industry.
Our model is unique. Through a network of agency partners that
provide local service with global reach, we work in service of two
core objectives: create value, and be a good partner.
Our culture is strong. We are a collaborative company of
entrepreneurial, innovative, and talented people who believe in our
future. We out think and out work the competition. We look outside
our walls and are energized by our fast-paced trajectory.
Our vision for the future is clear. We have limitless potential to
achieve unprecedented success in the insurance industry. To achieve
our opportunity, a best-in-class IT team must support us.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this growing team and
immediately make an impact to the overall success of the company.
If you are interested in collaborating with good people who
celebrate entrepreneurialism and work with commonality of purpose,
Acrisure is the place for you.
This is a position that will focus on learning and developing
Information Security skills and building knowledge in Governance,
Risk, and Compliance functions. The ideal candidate will be eager
to learn and have knowledge or background in information security
and the drive to enhance and learn more skills. The position is
identified to have a growth path for potential full-time employment
upon completion of education.
The position will report to the Information Security Operations
Leader and will be mentored by Acrisure's GRC Manager and
Information Security Engineers.
The position will work 15-25 hours per week.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Supports Acrisure's Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Follows standard operating procedures for coordinating internal
and 3rd party risk assessments.
- Assists Agency Partners with questions and proper corrective
measures to ensure compliance and optimal security posture.
- Documents, measures, and manages risk and compliance.
- Assists completion of security questionnaires from third
parties including insurance carriers
- Performs other security projects as assigned by mentor,
- Collaborates with other Acrisure departments and IT groups as
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be
modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education And/or Experience
- Currently enrolled in an Information Technology or Information
Security Program preferred.
- 2 years of IT or Information Security experience or
- Any Information Security or compliance certifications are a
- Understanding of infrastructure security tools such as
firewalls, network security monitoring, anti-malware, vulnerability
- Willing to learn compliance requirements including 23 NYCRR
500, GDPR, HIPAA, and CCPA.
- Willing to learn Security Frameworks including NIST 800-53,
CSF, and ISO 27001.
- Desire to learn new skills and work ethic to strive for
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal
skills, and ability to adapt writing, presentations, and
communications to the target audience knowledge level.
- Organizational skills with ability to successfully manage
multiple priorities and deadlines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Acrisure, Grand Rapids , IT Security GRC Analyst Intern, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!