Maintenance Technician - Affordable Living Campus - Grand Rapids, MI
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Position DetailsHiring a full time Maintenance Technician for
our newest Affordable Living community in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
This position has a pay rate of $17.00/hour. Be the rock that
creates the ripple for Saginaw and enjoy the benefits below:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance ($10,000 minimum for each
full time and part time employee)
- Company paid Short Term Disability accrual (Full time
- Retirement Plan (403b) - Company matches on first 1.5% of gross
income at 133%
- Great Personal Time Off (PTO) accruals
- Plus many more benefits
Summary Assists in the general maintenance and housekeeping at
assigned campus/property. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure building, grounds and equipment are properly maintained
for the comfort, safety and convenience of persons served. Provide
recommendation to enhance quality of services provided.
- Respond to and repair items indicated on work order requests
with minimal assistance.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and repair on
equipment and plumbing; document and update schedule as
- Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
- Perform internal housekeeping and external grounds keeping
functions, including lawn care and snow removal.
- Prepare and clean vacant apartments/rooms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and submit order to
supervisor.Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Senior Living may be required to provide transportation
services to residents as
Qualifications Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or GED preferred.Experience
- One year general maintenance experience preferred.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to display compassion and sensitivity to persons
- Ability to maintain a helping role when interfacing with
persons served; intervenes when appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with persons served, community, general
public, vendors and contractors.
- Ability and willingness to work constructively with individuals
from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to carry out detailed work, preventative work schedules
and perform routine maintenance.
- Ability to prioritize work orders as emergencies occur and deal
with frequent changes in circumstances.
- Ability to read, speak and write English. Ability to understand
and evaluate proposals and bids from contractors. Able to read and
understand labels and instructions for use of equipment in written,
oral and diagram form.
- May be required to perform basic arithmetic functions such as
addition, multiplication and subtraction.Additional Work
- May be required to participate in "on-call" availability.
- May be required to work extended hours, weekends and
- Valid unrestricted driver's license, good driving record, and
valid automobile insurance.
- Affordable Living requires use of personal automobile for
business purposes.Physical and Mental Requirements
- Subject to changes in noise and temperature level in
environment; works indoors and outdoors.
- May be exposed to various contaminants, disinfectants.
- Ability to see, hear and smell.
- Ability to stand and routinely move throughout work shift.
- Twist, bends, and stoops.
- Maintains balance while pushing, lifting, pulling and
controlling heavy mechanical equipment.
- Pushes/pulls weights of up to 250 pounds.
- Lifts weights of up to 75 pounds.
- Excellent eye-hand coordination.
- Occasionally climbs ladders.
Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to Be The Rock That Starts The
Ripple. A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the
15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change
throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are
seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for
additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot
of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We
want you to be our rock! We walk with people in need, offering hope
and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for
equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who
place their trust in us. For a Samaritas video preview please click
on our video link:
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
diagnose, field service, field service technician, maintenance
mechanic, maintenance technician, repair, service technician,
Keywords: Samaritas, Grand Rapids , Maintenance Technician - Affordable Living Campus - Grand Rapids, MI, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!