Applied Behavior Analysis Technician (Registered Behavior Technician, RBT)
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 19, 2020
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been
sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Provides direct care for Applied Behavior Analysis patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As part of an interdisciplinary team, implement behavioral
programs, interventions, and strategies developed by the Board
Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
* Observe, measure, record, and report client's behaviors as part
of the Behavioral Assessment process and in relation to their goals
and objectives as part of the Behavioral Treatment process.
* Develop, organize, and manage all materials necessary for program
* Participate in consultation sessions with the treatment team and
* Complete required documentation according to protocols and within
outlined time parameters.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
* High School diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or institution of
higher learning preferred. Ideal candidates will possess a degree
in psychology, education, social work, or related field.
* Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in the
field of behavior change desired.
* Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Ability to take directions and problem solve issues.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work with a diverse population.
* Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving
* Current AHA BLS Provider certification
OTHER PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficiency with the use of computers and knowledge of
* Physical Demands:
* Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of
* To lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally
* To sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief
periods of time involving walking or standing;
* To use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Applied Behavior Analysis Technician (Registered Behavior Technician, RBT), Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!