Business System Analyst - Advanced - WPS
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Business System Analyst - Advanced - WPS
Blue Care Network
Perform technology functions to include but not limited to business
and systems analysis, application development and process
improvement. Serve as a liaison between the business area and the
IT organization when needed. Identify, document and communicate
system and process changes necessary to improve system and
operational performance measures. Possess an in-depth knowledge of
line of business while contributing to the identification, analysis
and recommendation of technical process improvement initiatives.
Design, create and implement technical solutions. Support complex
- Conduct data gathering and analysis to understand business
strategy requirements. Provide direction for short and long-term
planning sessions and provide direction to ensure understanding of
business goals and direction.
- Evaluate ongoing department activity and propose new tools or
technologies Assist in the business process redesign and
documentation as needed for new technology.
- Assist in the application development process for multiple
applications to ensure application software is delivered on time
and within budget.
- Ensure all system development lifecycle processes and standards
- Design, code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain
complex business applications. Provide ongoing maintenance of
- Provide analytical support related to business applications,
infrastructure and technology related activities.
- May serve as subject matter expert related to interface problem
identification, triage and resolution of complex inquiries. Discuss
users' needs and determine vulnerabilities or areas of poor
performance to boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy in our
computer systems. Develop system solutions by preparing and
evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Perform release management and end to end testing of system
- Identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems a needed.
Gather data to support recommendations to address problems. Procure
additional technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Work as a team member or lead on medium or large process
complex improvement initiatives supporting the business
- Analyze and evaluate business requirements and current
processes and interfaces to identify gaps and areas of
- Develop process requirements and recommendations and
communicate for the implementation of technical business
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop reports and data delivery to accommodate
changing business requirements. Investigate, resolve and escalate
- Adhere to policies and procedures supporting audits to ensure
compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Train and educate users on new and existing tools. Coach and
transfer knowledge to less experienced team members.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Five (5) years of relevant technical or business work
- Experience in managing cross functional teams or projects
- Advanced knowledge preferred in :
- system development life cycle
- process design, re-engineering, and organization
transformation, Six Sigma, CMMI or ITIL
- computer programming languages
- Strong technical, analytical, systems skills.
- Display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing
the execution of business solutions.
- Written and verbal communication skills interpersonal
- Ability to provide technical or business guidance to clients,
both internal and external.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to
perform this job.
- One (1) year of leading and proven experience of assessing
client needs utilizing a structured requirements process
(gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to
prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks,
and cost vs. benefits.
- Two (2) years of relevant system solution development, testing
and implementation work experience translating business
requirements into technical system required
- Proven experience working with technical design, automation and
- Relevant system solution development, testing and
implementation work experience preferred.
- Healthcare environment highly preferred
- Process improvement preferred
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining work flows
and/or robotics automation.
- Proficient knowledge of Visual Studio preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge in configuration of FormWorks,
Macess, Pega Robotics, Sharepoint, and Facets.
This job posting is intended for direct hire
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity,
protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Grand Rapids , Business System Analyst - Advanced - WPS, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!