Claims Process Analyst
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Responsible for assisting and supporting management in the
evaluation, recommendation, establishment, implementation and
analysis of new and improved production workflows, work processes
for systems, reporting and new products/programs to improve
customer service levels and overall quality.
- Support the development, coordination, and implementation of
projects to enhance the overall efficiency of operational
procedures, methods, controls, and performance.
- Compile and analyze operational data to identify and resolve
- Utilize and maintain available reporting systems. Participate
in systems testing, develop procedures/controls and provide
recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated
- Provide leadership team with status updates on projects and
- Communicate and recommend policy changes to achieve project
objectives. Assist in documenting departmental procedures.
- Create and present reports and presentations to display
operational data and propose business changes.
- Provide support to both internal departments and external
entities by answering questions, supplying information and
- Participate on special projects or workgroups as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a related field is
- Effective verbal, written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and
interact with all levels of the organization.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills to identify,
evaluate, recommend and implement changes to processes or
procedures to address problems and improve departmental
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize; must be able
to coordinate multiple activities with varying timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working
- Two (2) to five (5) years' experience in health care
environment, preferably in managed care.
- One (1) year process improvement experience.
- One (1) year project management experience preferred.
- Proven experience in problem analysis, data analysis, root
cause identification/document and problem resolution
- Demonstrated, proficient working knowledge and experience with
Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access and Visio) required
- Digital visualization tools (such as Power BI, Tableau)
- Health care Claims processing experience required
- Working knowledge of Facets operational system and Macess
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity,
protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Grand Rapids , Claims Process Analyst, Professions , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!