GENERAL FUNCTION: Manage the Construction
Loan Administration staff within Commercial Loan Fulfillment.
Primary responsibilities include managing the risks of construction
loans by reviewing project budgets, documentation, and verification
of funds fordisbursement. Responsible for ensuring compliance with
Bancorp policies and procedures. The focus of the construction
administration process is to assess compliance with loan
documentation and to insure loans are within budget to complete the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage overall procedures for commercial construction loan
* Possess a working knowledge of the Commercial Construction loan
policies of Fifth Third Bancorp and escalate all issues to
* Supervise the disbursement of all commercial construction draw
* Provide training to Construction Loan Administrators, new
relationship managers, portfolio managers and other departments
such as Public Funds and Middle Market.
* Ensure the Commercial Loan Draw Procedures manual is adhered to
by all staff members.
* Communicate with relationship managers, portfolio managers,
credit officers and other applicable internal areas the progress of
construction project issues that may need to be addressed, such as
budget shortfalls, mechanic#s liens, and equity
* Communicate effectively with borrowers, construction management
companies, title companies, architects, inspectors and participant
banks on initial loan closings and subsequent draw
* Oversee the review of loan documentation applicable to the draw
process; credit memos, notes, mortgages, construction loan
agreements, and budget analysis.
* Oversee the daily performance of the Construction Loan
o The ordering of title exams and verification of lien
o Coordination of project inspections with external or internal
o Analysis of hard costs with the application of payment from
contractor AIA (G702/703).
o Monitoring of each line item in the project budget utilizing
spreadsheets by verifying contract amount, change orders, equity,
stored materials, authorized signatures, retainage, contingency and
o Verification of soft cost invoices.
o Review and approve all commercial loan operations forms for
o Ensure service level agreements are met by prioritizing all
duties as needed.
o Monitor appropriate quantity of work for existing staff
o Ensure consistent quality of work produced.
* Maintain accurate reporting of construction loan administration
activities and volumes.
* Participate in and/or lead projects and teams within or on behalf
of the Construction Loan or Loan Fulfillment team.
* Recommend changes to the process that minimize risk and improve
* Initiate review of Commercial Construction Policy and Procedures
for appropriateness and understanding.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing employees
timely, candid and constructive performance feedback. Developing
employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging
opportunities that enhance employee career growth. Developingthe
appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and
succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for