Research Intern (Scientific Computing / Signal Processing) - Summer 2020
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've
evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our
insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture,
helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world
to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop
insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace after all, that's our business.
But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their
best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking; we accept
wellbeing in its broadest sense, and we provide mentorship and
support at every step.
What you will be doing:
You will be working with an experienced researcher and additional
collaborators to build an advanced sensing capability.
This may include, but not be limited to:
* Collaborating on the ongoing technical design of a novel
* Writing code to prototype critical aspects of this capability
* Validating and interpreting output from prototypes
Who you are:
* Highly curious logical thinker able to take a systematic approach
to working through problems
* A strong communicator who strives for clarity and can effectively
discuss project objectives/progress
* An effective collaborator who can work with people from a range
* Practical and results-oriented
* An ambitious self-starter able to work independently
* Self-aware and asks questions when needed
* Graduate level student in applied mathematics, computational
science, computer graphics, electrical engineering, mathematical
physics, scientific computing, or related discipline
* Familiarity with one or more of the following: algorithm design,
feature definition, image processing, numerical methods, signal
processing (especially sparse signals, nonstationary signals,
and/or spatial signals)
* Experience with scripting languages (e.g.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or
veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job
Keywords: Steelcase, Grand Rapids , Research Intern (Scientific Computing / Signal Processing) - Summer 2020, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!