PT Assistant - Inpatient Stroke Unit
Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: October 12, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has
been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Provides physical therapy services as assigned by, and under the
supervision of, a physical therapist. Keeps treatment skills
updated through continuing education, evidence based research, and
program development. Perform job responsibilities in accordance
with the program's strategic objectives and goals to carry out
organizational strategic objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Each job responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of
Excellence. The responsibility is identified to a pillar by the
following letters: Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G
(Growth), F (Financial).
* Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within
the scope of their license, certification or registration and as
required by law and regulation.
* Provides patient care. (Q)
* Assists the physical therapist in treatment planning and
conducting evaluation procedures.
* Assists the physical therapist in treating patients utilizing
modalities, therapeutic exercise, assistive devices, and functional
* Provides verbal and/or written feedback to the physical therapist
regarding all significant observations or changes in the patient's
condition, reaction, and response to treatment.
* Assists the physical therapist in determining equipment and
supply needs and may participate in the acquisition and inventory
of these items.
* Functions as primary therapist in treatment of patient following
evaluation and direction of physical therapist
* Document's patient's status and progress according to established
internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement
* Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy treatment
with all aspects of patient care. (Q, S)
* Participates in conferences/discussions and exchange of written
records with other interdisciplinary team members as directed by
the physical therapist to integrate physical therapy treatment
* Instructs the patient and the family in physical therapy
procedures as part of providing patient and family education
including written instructions as necessary.
* Participates in various meetings and in-services as designated.
* Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not
limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
* Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
* Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross training)
within the Mary Free Bed system as requested. (F, S)
* Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G,
* Functions as patient advocate. (S)
* Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware
required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
* Adheres to the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior when working
with patients, coworkers and members of the community. (S)
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapist assistant
students. Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students and
volunteers. Communicates with participating universities regarding
skill levels of students. (S, P, G).
* Functions as a resource person in area of expertise. (S, G)
* Participates in program development and/or research activities as
assigned. (Q, G)
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q, P)
* Assists in maintaining clean and orderly treatment areas. (S)
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
* Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant
* Licensure with the State of Michigan.
* Possesses and maintains BLS certification to meet
* Physical Demands: The physical ability to lift, position, and
transport patients; to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel,
twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb; ability to
hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision); ability to
frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of
75 pounds; ability to frequently push, pull, or carry weight
anywhere from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving
equipment; ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10
pounds of force constantly.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , PT Assistant - Inpatient Stroke Unit, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!