Company: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families
re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the
reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When
patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has
been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully
listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of
every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians
and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited
rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults
each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation,
orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the
most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an
exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses
and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical
outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients
throughout the state with access to our unique standard of
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients,
families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the
communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients,
families and each other with dignity and respect.
Provides supportive assistance to the Registered Dietitian by
performing patient oriented activities as it relates to Nutrition
Services. Some duties include but are not limited to: distributing
patient menus, delivery and pick up of patient meal trays,
maintaining adequate inventory of unit pantry stock, collects
patient meal preferences within diet restrictions, and suggests
healthy alternatives as needed, encourages adequate and balanced
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs menu and food distribution responsibilities:
* Heads and distributes patient menus and nourishment cards.
* Delivers/picks up meal trays and nourishments to patient
* Maintains adequate inventory of dietary nourishments and supplies
for patients on the nursing units.
* Collects patient meal preferences within diet restrictions. Makes
suggestions for healthy alternatives as needed. Encourages adequate
and balanced daily nutrition.
* Performs clinical responsibilities including:
* Calculates calorie counts for assigned patients.
* Adjusts diet orders for dysphasia patients based on Speech
Language Pathologist's requests.
* Assists patients in remaining within their diet restrictions ie:
consistent carbohydrate, calorie, renal, cardiac diets.
* Treats all patients, families, employees, and visitors with
respect, dignity, and courtesy and immediately addresses customer
* Documents orders, maintains patient records, and facilitates
patient floor operations, and other office operations as
* Follows exposure/infection control, safety and equipment
management, hazard, and quality improvement/risk management
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of basic math, medical terminology, and medical
* Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills; ability
to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
* Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer operations.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 35 pounds of force
occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push,
pull, up to 35 pounds occasionally; able to stand for the majority
(1/3 - 2/3) of the time, but may involve brief periods of time
involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3
to 2/3 of the time)
Manager of Nutrition Services
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected
Keywords: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation, Grand Rapids , Nutrition Clinician, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!