Order Fulfillment Summer 2019 Student Associate
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why People Choose to Work With Us:
Your role will make a direct impact to the business model.
* You will build and maintain important business relationships with customers and dealers. Through these relationships, you will develop and enhance all forms of communication, including written and verbal. Your role allows you to directly help people and deliver positive conflict resolution.
* We have a team that is always available and will give any help needed.
* We will help you develop your business sense and gain a high-level overview of how operations in a large corporation function.
What You Will Be Doing:
In this role, you will be taking on the role of a full-time employee.
* You will receive 2 intensive weeks of training in SAP learning the different operations functions that support the business and the dealer. There will be 5 trainers to teach, help, and answer any questions to ensure students are well-prepared to begin their role.
* Corresponding with dealers and customers both written and verbally.
* Working cross-functionally with groups like transportation, scheduling, manufacturing, and marketing.
* You will gain regional exposure, communicating and working with external customers and dealers.
* You will transform issues into solutions by problem solving and crafting a smooth process for all parties involved.
Who You Are:
* Are you a planner* Do you love having a detailed schedule of your day to maximize your time.
* You like a challenge. You love finding new solutions to solve a problem.
* Do you focus your time and energy on things within your control*
* You love working in a team setting.
* Are you able to take a non-judgmental approach to understanding someone s feelings*
Majors: Open to All Business Majors, Communications, and Supply Chain
Year: Freshman- Senior
Previous SAP experience or exposure is a plus (but not required)
Your Future Team:
The Order Fulfillment team are the problem solvers that ensure our customers and dealers are always satisfied. We take complex problems and break them down into a simple solutions for their partners. We are evolving into a more collaborative team. We support asking questions and everyone on the team is hungry for you to learn and grow. You will work with mentors and managers and gain exposure to leadership within the team. Your team is comprised of recent graduates, mid-level, and expert workers, to provide you with a well-rounded mixed experience.
How To Apply: We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page at www.steelcase.com/careers/JOBID#. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
Grand Rapids, United States
Keywords: Steelcase, Grand Rapids , Order Fulfillment Summer 2019 Student Associate, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!