Melt Operator (1st shift)
Company: Pace Industries
Posted on: May 24, 2023
As a member of a cross-functional team, the central melt team member is responsible for tending furnaces that melt nonferrous alloyed metals used for die casting processes. Completes appropriate paperwork and documentation in accordance with PCG work instructions.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Follows prescribed safety standards and wears required personal protective equipment.
* Loads aluminum sows and/or ingots into the reverb furnaces using a fork truck or hand methods.
* Sprinkles fluxing compound on molten metal to bring impurities to the surface of the bath.
* Scrape side walls of reverb furnace and launder systems using a appropriate tools at least one time per shift.
* Skim dross from the bath at least one time per shift.
* Skim slag from the surface of the molten metal in the bath, holding furnaces, and launder systems.
* Completes Red/Green check list tasks daily, to include cleaning, minor maintenance, etc.
* Performs all Red/Green check list duties for assigned inspection operation daily.
* Perform preventive maintenance as necessary to prevent machine downtime.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
*Experience and Education:*
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Able to work in very hot conditions prior experience in a melting or foundry environment preferred.
* Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
* Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken, to read and interpret work instructions and other job-related documentation.
* Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
* Must be able to obtain a hi-lo license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 per hour
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Muskegon, MI 49442: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Pace Industries, Grand Rapids , Melt Operator (1st shift), Other , Muskegon, Michigan
here to apply!