HDVCH ED BHT Part time evenings
Company: Spectrum Health
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Para-professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a patient(s) during a designated time frame. He/She is an integral member of the behavioral health team. The behavioral health team generally includes psychiatry, psychology, nursing and social work. As part of an interdisciplinary team, coordinates and implements patient care specific to the age of the population served. This population would potentially include adults, or children in some agencies. He/She ensures that compassionate, engaged care meets/exceeds quality standards. Also provides care in an efficient safe manner consistent with Michigan Mental Health Code standards of care. He/She is responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of patients, ensuring safety of the environment, interacting appropriately with patients and families individually and/or in group settings and identifying environmental factors impacting the patient's treatment. Will also identify self-care, cultural, ethnic, spiritual and educational needs of the patient, family and/or significant others. Working with the interdisciplinary team, they will help develop, implement and revise the plan of care. Implements the physicians' treatment plan, the Individual Plan of Care, assists nursing with ADLs, vitals, observes and reports on patient progress and documents appropriately.
* Routinely collects data, reports and documents observations of patient behavior and response to interventions and reassesses patient's behavior and status. Understands basic medication effects/side effects and reports observations to the Charge Nurse. Demonstrates understanding of psycho-dynamics and reasons underlying patient behavior by effectively utilizing this knowledge in patient care intervention. Must be able to organize and prepare for daily group presentations, assuring that all materials and tools necessary are ready/available prior to scheduled group times.
* Collaborates in day-to-day planning/development of patient programming and implementation of patient programs, such as teaching daily living skills and basic concepts of mental illness.
* Recognizes when unsafe or non-therapeutic milieu conditions are developing and seeks consultation when implementing proper interventions. Assist in crisis control interventions, de-escalation and staffing of close observation areas as directed. (Providing appropriate care in crisis situations.)
* Psych Tech will complete thorough documentation of patient care, including patient interventions and their effectiveness. All staff utilizes technology in the documentation of treatment and programming provided. Utilizes and completes appropriate additional forms necessary in the delivery of patient care (e.g. consents, AMA/ITT events, variance reports, confidentiality statements, voluntary/involuntary paperwork, etc.).
* Delegates appropriately, will give direction and responds to direction in the course of work shifts. Proactively participates in problem mitigation and problem solving during work shifts. Assists in staff development activities such as teaching and precepting of staff and students. Identifies and participates in departmental and hospital quality improvement processes.
* Orders supplies, checks equipment and ensures patient rooms are clean and stocked in preparation for patent care. Demonstrates flexibility in the work schedule and assists in covering open shifts. Annual and mandatory tasks are completed within the defined time period. This includes but is not limited to TB Clinic, Annual Mandatory Education, nursing license renewal, CPR, ACLS, CPI and other nursing unit specific mandates. Time card is reviewed frequently and discrepancies are addressed before the end of the pay period. Department communications (departmental updates and staff meeting minutes) are verified as read. Staff will assure their ongoing skills and through training and educational opportunities provided at staff meetings and in-services.
* Required High School Diploma or equivalent
psychiatric unit experience Preferred
CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - AHA American Heart Association 90 Days required
* Pallet to Waist (6" from floor) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
* Waist to Waist > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
* Waist to Chest (below shoulder) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Waist to Overhead > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 5 lbs
* Bilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 25 lbs
* Unilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Pushing Force > 5 lbs: Occasionally up to 25 lbs
* Pulling Force > 5 lbs: Occasionally up to 20 lbs
* Sitting: Frequently
* Standing: Frequently
* Walking: Frequently
* Forward Bend - Standing: Occasionally
* Forward Bend - Sitting: Occasionally
* Trunk Rotation - Standing: Occasionally
* Trunk Rotation - Sitting: Occasionally
* Squat: Seldom
* Stair Climbing: Seldom
* Crawling / Kneeling: Seldom
* Reach - Above Shoulder: Occasionally
* Reach - at Shoulder or Below: Occasionally
* Handling: Occasionally
* Forceful Grip > 5 lbs : Occasionally
* Forceful Pinch > 2 lbs: Seldom
* Finger/Hand Dexterity: Frequently
SITE - Helen Devos Childrens Hospital - 100 Michigan St - Grand Rapids
Emergency Department - HDVCH
Evening (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
Every third weekend
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Spectrum Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447. We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Keywords: Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids , HDVCH ED BHT Part time evenings, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
here to apply!