MRO Buyer / Purchaser
Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components
for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10 th of the 150 Top
North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital
company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working
and skilled individuals. Scope of the Position The MRO Buyer is
responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased materials
from suppliers and addressing any supply/supplier issues. The MRO
Buyer is also responsible for maintaining and creating new
relationships with suppliers and negotiation of prices and
cost-saving measures to fit within the company budget.
Compensation: USD $50,000.00/Annually Responsibilities Some of the
resposobility of the MRO Buyer are:
- Coordinate the movement of purchased materials.
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to
verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items
- Compile data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
reports to be used for cost saving initiatives.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and
receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate
shipments, prices and substitutions.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply
adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and
mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P
policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances of inbound freight to the
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in
orde5r to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Operate within an annual budget.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding
regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other
- Make adjustments or conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Cycle counts of MRO items, reconciliation, and receiving.
- Convert requisitions to purchase orders.Other duties as
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the Automotive Industry
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct,
and manage finances allocated to the supply of materials while
operating within a budget.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other
departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency with
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of CMS.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to maintain confidential informationKnowledge of standard
office procedures and practices Benefits Medical, dental,
prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible
spending account 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous
learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement Paid
holidays and vacation timeWhat do our employees have to say?"It
engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a
job-a great place to work!Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Grand Rapids , MRO Buyer / Purchaser, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...