Patient Services Representative Associate, Pediatric Medicine, Full Time, Days
Company: Spectrum Health
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Provides clerical support to assist in the delivery of quality health care services.
* Serves as a concierge - greets and communicates with patients or visitors, including collecting payments and co-payments.
* Performs clerical functions, including, but not limited to: answers telephone/switchboard; schedules routine patient appointments; orders supplies; generates no-show and recall letters; processes/sorts mail and produces end-of-day reports. May need to document patient phone call in EHR for call routing/resolution.
* Performs patient registration and check-in: confirms patient demographic and insurance information; assists patients with kiosk registration. Performs patient check-out: schedules follow-up appointments or confirms future appointments.
* Maintains patient medical records according to standards; uploads Right Fax documents into EPIC. Responsible for basic EMR/HER scanning.
* Actively participates in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate and completes all position and unit safety related competencies and requirements on a timely basis.
* Required High School Diploma or equivalent
* Preferred Vocational/Technical One year certificate from college or technical school (based on Spectrum Health entity and department).
* Pallet to Waist (6" from floor) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Waist to Waist > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Waist to Chest (below shoulder) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Waist to Overhead > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Bilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Unilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
* Pushing Force > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 20 lbs
* Pulling Force > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 15 lbs
* Sitting: Frequently
* Standing: Occasionally
* Walking: Occasionally
* Forward Bend - Standing: Seldom
* Forward Bend - Sitting: Occasionally
* Trunk Rotation - Standing: Seldom
* Trunk Rotation - Sitting: Occasionally
* Squat: Seldom
* Stair Climbing: Seldom
* Reach - Above Shoulder: Seldom
* Reach - at Shoulder or Below: Seldom
* Handling: Occasionally
* Forceful Grip > 5 lbs: Seldom
* Forceful Pinch > 2 lbs: Seldom
* Finger/Hand Dexterity: Frequently
* Visual Acuity - [None = No; Seldom = Yes]: Seldom
SITE - 1545 68th St - Grand Rapids
Pediatric Medicine - 1545 68th Street
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday to Friday
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Spectrum Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447. We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Keywords: Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids , Patient Services Representative Associate, Pediatric Medicine, Full Time, Days, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
here to apply!