Hand Welder 1st Shift
Company: ETNA Supply
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Quarterly bonuses, sign on BONUS and so much MORE Do you have a
passion for welding? Are you looking for a stable company with
great rewards? Then apply today PTO! Great Benefits! Attendance
awards 401k with Company Match! NO Sundays! And MORE Check out our
shop ETNA Supply is looking for the best of class mig welder to
join our close knit team!Hand Welder Job Summary:Responsible for
various types of pipe fabrication, welding, and threading to
customer specifications.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:These
include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a
positive customer experience.
- Weld pipe to customer specifications by hand and by automated
- Read mechanical drawings to determine machine adjustments and
- Operate fabrication shop machinery and equipment to make
product according to the customer expectations.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale,
rule, or template.
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or
- Measure workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece.
- Thread pipe.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with applicable OSHA regulations.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- NoneKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Company products and specifications.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret technical drawings and
- Ability and skill to MIG weld and operate fabrication shop
- Ability to measure accurately.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations applicable to a shop
- Effective communication, teamwork, production, and stress
- Ability to easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without
using a calculator.
- Computer literate.Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Equivalent combination of education and
experience.Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Hand and Machine Welding certifications
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial
equipment.Physical Demands and Work EnvironmentThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk; talk and hear; handle,
reach, grasp, and use fingers; and move pipe up to 130 pounds.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop, crouch, and kneel.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a
consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear
vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception,
and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside but must go outside
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and outside weather
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.
Keywords: ETNA Supply, Grand Rapids , Hand Welder 1st Shift, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...