Dietary Aide - Full-time
Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of
downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric
facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are
licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint
Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the
evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral
health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we
are seeking qualified applicants for a Full Time Dietary Aide.
Position Summary: A Dietary Aide, under direct supervision, is
responsible for salad and cold food preparation for all hospital
meals served, serving patients and staff meals. Other
responsibilities include maintaining clean and sanitary work areas
in the kitchen, serving area and dining room. Essential Job
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve food on patient tray line and in cafeteria to meet the
dietary needs of patients and staff.
- Maintains sanitation standards and follows Department of Public
Health regulations to ensure food quality.
- Prepares diets and food requisitions, obtains accurate patient,
staff, and guest meal counts.
- Follows dietary and hospital safety procedures to prevent
accidents and injuries.
- Treats patients and staff courteously to better serve their
- Meets hospital attendance policy.Benefits Highlights:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Reimbursement of $200/month
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition Discount at Chamberlain University
- Pet Insurance and much more!Hours:The hours for this position
are 6am-2:30pm or 10am-6:30pm with an every other weekend rotation.
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of
hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc.
has built an impressive record of achievement and performance.
Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500
corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021,
UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired
Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and
listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and
through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334
behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and
ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician
network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states,
Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. EEO
StatementForest View Hospital is committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest View Hospital
is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and
fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.NoticeAt Forest View Hospital, our Human
Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by
matching skillset and experience with the best possible career
path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in
class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let
us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.
- On the job training will be provided although some food
preparation experience would be helpful
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions in order
to operate food service equipment and follow direction
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks in order to provide an
efficient, safe, sanitary, attractive and orderly facility.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or an approved medical or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Grand Rapids , Dietary Aide - Full-time, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...