Online Store Clerk, Professional Services: No Benefit (Contingency)
Company: Grand Rapids Community College
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Online Store Clerk, Professional Services: No Benefit
Date: January 17, 2023
Title: Online Store Clerk - Professional Services: No Benefit
Position Number: 1450
Hours: 1 - 28 hours per week; days and times are flexible
Reports to: Senior IT Asset & Project Manager
Close Date: Open until filled
The online store clerk is responsible for managing the GRCC Online
Store. Primary responsibilities include updating computer inventory
in TeamDynamix asset management database, updating and managing the
Online Store website using Wix, coordinating special sales events
and promotions, organizing and cleaning the online store storage
space and providing customers with first class customer support and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains the online store website using Wix. This includes
updating and verifying inventory, listing new items and running
- Maintains the GRCC Online Store feeds for Facebook and
- Uses photo editing software to create professional product
images for the website.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all store products using the
TeamDynamix Asset Management Database and Wix.
- Tests all electronic surplus. This includes wiping clean all
computer equipment and ensuring to the best of their ability that
the equipment is functional and does not contain any information
that is proprietary to GRCC or its students.
- Organizes the space in storage to receive, inventory, test, and
temporarily store items designated as surplus, so it can be sold,
donated, or disposed of in a manner suitable to GRCC's
- Researches a fair price for surplus items in the sale and sets
the price in such a manner that ensures a quick sale, while getting
a fair return on the money GRCC spent on the surplus items
- Takes pictures of surplus items for sale and writes accurate
product descriptions for each of these items, so they are clearly
and accurately represented to customers.
- Coordinates and processes all approved donations in conjunction
with the Purchasing Office. Also, researches each requestor of
donations to ensure they are legitimate non-profit organizations
suitable to receive a donation from the college in conjunction with
the Purchasing Office.
- Coordinates with customers to ensure their items are picked up
in a timely manner.
- Provides reports from each sale to maintain fiduciary and
inventory integrity. This includes, but is not limited to the
- Sales tax report
- Computer Sale inventory report
- Current inventory report
- Customer information
- Manages the disposal of all surplus material that is not worthy
of being sold or donated in a responsible manner.
- Cleans and maintains an acceptable appearance of all storage
areas that contain surplus items to sell.
- Provides backup to Shipping and Receiving and performs other
duties as assigned by the IT and Purchasing Departments.
- High School Diploma.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of web design and photo editing.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software, including
laptop and desktop hardware and components.
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Must be able to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting equipment in excess of 50lbs.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online
applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. The
posting will remain open until filled. Please include your resume
and cover letter in one document. Individuals with diverse
backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and
working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each
person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal
educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race,
color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight,
national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial
status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities,
services, employment and advancement including admissions to,
access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required
by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all
aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment,
including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to
identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination
on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College
will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for
bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an
To apply, please visit:
Keywords: Grand Rapids Community College, Grand Rapids , Online Store Clerk, Professional Services: No Benefit (Contingency), Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!