CT Scan Technologist
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Computed Tomography (CT) Scan Technologist Position Summary:
This position assists the radiologist and other physicians with
high quality radiographic images required in part for the diagnosis
and treatment of patients while ensuring the least amount of
radiation exposure to oneself and the patient.
Why You Will Love Being a CT Scan Technologist at MyMichigan
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO).
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life of a CT Scan Technologist at MyMichigan
- (35%)* Perform computer tomography studies following protocol.
Able to differentiate between normal and abnormal anatomy and
tailor exams in accordance with patient history obtained, protocol,
and radiologist instruction.
- (30%)* Administer intravenous (IV) and oral contrast as
required for procedures according to protocols. Follow departmental
protocol and institution guidelines for delivery of IV contrast
material. Monitor patient's physical and mental condition
throughout the entire procedure. Record all patient data
- (20%)* Provide radiation protection for patients, self, and
others using gonadal shielding and collimation where applicable.
Document acknowledgment of scheduling as directed.
- (15%)* Perform nursing duties including but not limited to the
- Assisting the radiologist in the performance of sterile
- Practicing sterile technique.
- Obtaining vital signs.
- Obtaining pertinent clinical history.
- Being proficient in venous puncture.
- Documenting all important data appropriately.
- Identifying an allergic reaction or any other urgent medical
condition and will notify and assist the radiologist in the
treatment of such a situation.
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- Associate Degree required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- ARRT registry or registry eligible required within two years of
- ARRT CT required within two years of hire.
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to
communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains patient flow; maintains a patient log; assure that
appropriate charges are entered into computer system.
- Assure proper equipment operation. Notify manager of equipment
failure; call service provider as required; keeps equipment
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Grand Rapids , CT Scan Technologist, Other , Clare, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!