Bindery Equipment Operator
Location: Comstock Park
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Bindery Equipment Operator-2nd and 3rd Shifts
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
Sheridan is a family of innovators and doers who are a part of
something far greater than themselves.
We value the craft and art of printing and the processes used to
create and distribute the world's content.
We care about each other, support each other, and provide every
opportunity for training, growth, and developments. We work hard,
we have fun, and we are proud of what we do. YOUR CAREER AWAITS---
- Setup and run the Bindery Equipment efficiently.
- Operate, troubleshoot and perform or assist in general
maintenance on the assigned equipment, help setup perfect binders
and perform other general bindery duties.
- Performs a variety of material handling duties.
- Maintains production, quality standards and reports as
determined by operators, and management.
- Complies with all safety regulations and work rules.
- Performs general housekeeping in working area.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Must maintain a working pace equal to the output of
- Must follow explicit orders and job specifications.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with
only occasional variables.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and team-player.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
Base Schedule is Monday to Friday and may include Saturday
- 1st shift: 7 AM-3 PM
- 2nd shift: 3 PM-11 PM
- 3rd shift: 11 PM-7 AM
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Shift premiums: 2nd shift-5% and 3rd shift-7%
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 616-818-4396
Keywords: Sheridan, Grand Rapids , Bindery Equipment Operator, Other , Comstock Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!