Safety Security Officer-Night
Company: Delta Hotels Grand Rapids Airport
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Resumen del trabajo
A Safety & Security Officer-Night is responsible for providing
protection for hotel guests employees and property during the
overnight hours. They are also responsible for providing guests
with a sense of comfort and well being by maintaining a level of
visibility. Depending on the hotel may be stationed in the base
office for security of the Associate entrance and for conducting
temperature checks during COVID procedures (as required).
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred
- Certificate of Completion in Safety and Security Training (must
comply with State requirements)
- CPR First Aid and Heimlich maneuver Certified
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Answer phone and dispatch in a timely manner in addition to
demonstrating proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other Associates; maintain radio contact with
the Front Desk/Night Auditor at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and
the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not
on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and Associate
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning
and end of shift.
- Open secured areas for authorized personnel; checks ID of
visitors/Associates as necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitations of position (i.e.
local ordinances state ordinances etc.).
- Assist guests to their rooms or help guests enter their
- Investigates room thefts auto accidents/thefts and assault
complaints for guests (not for Associates); serves as the first
responder partnering with Department Head/Hotel leadership to write
the incident report.
- Assist outside agencies as necessary.
- Provide escort.
- Assist HR/MOD with responding to Associate altercations.
- Assist with intoxicated guests.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel and guestroom locking
- Respond to security alarms and monitor TV cameras (CCTV) (if
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Conduct rounds checking for safety hazards checking lights and
door locks and picking up items left on the property.
- Assist during medical emergencies administering First
Aid/C.P.R/Heimlich maneuver as necessary.
- In partnership with Department Head/Hotel leadership completes
Incident/Accident Reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Receive deliveries; deliver requested items to guest rooms as
- Assist Front Desk with Express Check-outs newspaper delivery
and with van runs as requested or applicable to the needs of the
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the
- Works special functions attends meetings and/or performs other
duties as required.
Resumen de la empresa
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Delta Hotels Grand Rapids Airport, Grand Rapids , Safety Security Officer-Night, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!