Human Resources Assistant
Company: S. Abraham & Sons, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Assists the payroll and benefits team by gathering all information
pertaining to work schedules and job adjustments while ensuring
that it is captured correctly in the HRIS. Provides guidance and
assistance to employees on payroll, employee benefits plans, claims
processing, and problem resolution.
* Maintains up-to-date employment records and wage records on all
hourly and salaried personnel below Vice President level.
* Processes daily and weekly time reports from automated time clock
system, and on bi-weekly basis prepares and transmits payroll
* Tracks all salary and hourly pay changes.
* Assists in coordinating the Company's payroll and benefit
* Confirm that legally mandated and optional deductions have been
* Working to resolve discrepancies in payments as a matter of
* Involves frequent contact with personnel inside and outside the
Company requiring reasonable tact, discretion, self-expression, and
a working knowledge of the benefits, policies, and procedures.
* Must be accurate, timely, and confidential.
* Must have well developed interpersonal skills and have the
ability to promote harmonious relationships with staff, peers, and
* Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and
* Must be results oriented.
* Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Report Writer and
* Must have previous HRIS experience.
*Position Type and Expected Hours of Work*
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. The
schedule for this position will be 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday through
Friday. There is some room for a variance on times, but a set
schedule must be worked each week.
*Education and Experience*
* Must have high school diploma plus additional courses or seminars
related to payroll, and benefits.
* Must have two to four years' experience in payroll and
* Must have payroll and time systems experience.
S. Abraham & Sons, Inc. is a privately held company that has been
in business since 1927. We have a footprint in the Midwest from
Michigan to Tennessee and from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania. We employ
over 75 associates in our corporate office.
* Childcare reimbursement
* Uber ride assistance to and from work (up to $30/day)
* Tuition reimbursement (up to $250/credit hour)
* Veteran friendly employer
* Consistent work
* Paid holidays, paid military leave, paid jury duty
* Full benefit package, including affordable health insurance,
401(k) match, Paid Time Off, company paid short-term disability
* Discounts on groceries and other products (Employee Purchase
*Equal Employment Policy*
The Company's hiring and employment practices are based on job
qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height,
weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $36,400.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
* Spreadsheet maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: S. Abraham & Sons, Inc., Grand Rapids , Human Resources Assistant, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!