3rd Shift Security Officer
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We say "We Do Awesome" as it embodies our approach to how we
manage our properties, how we want our residents to feel and how we
engage with one another. It's also the way we encapsulate our core
values of Professionalism, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity,
Self-Regulation and Image, as our values are what drives us to
improve and gain perspective each and every day. We are seeking
experienced and professional Security Officers at our complex, The
Plaza Towers, located in downtown Grand Rapids. You will be
reporting directly to the Security Manager. This position will work
3rd shift (11pm-7am) and will require weekend availability. The
ideal candidate should also have a flexible schedule to assist
picking up other shifts throughout the week and to cover for
vacations and/or other requests, as needed.If you are striving for
an exciting career in Criminal Justice and you like ensuring the
safety of others and providing quality service to customers. A
security officer is a great way to jump start your career
aspirations. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain
real world experience, with the ability to interact with the GRDP
and GR Fire Department when situations arise. On top of that you
will be a part of an awesome environment, not just another company.
If you are looking for a Company and an environment where values
and contribution matter then we invite you to apply today. What You
Will Be Doing
- Monitors Security Control Center fire and protection
- Monitors CCTV and radio systems.
- Frequently patrols areas to ensure that all areas are secure
and free of unauthorized persons.
- Detects fire, security and safety hazards, disturbances and
unauthorized persons and files security reports on those incidents.
Communicates this with Lead Officer and Security Manager.
- Required to travel to/from other Eenhoorn locations in the
downtown area to respond to disturbance calls.
- Conducts investigations of guest's, tenant's or visitor's
losses; guest, tenant or visitor illness and crimes against the
property Deals with emergencies such as fire, medical problems,
breaking and entering, responding to alarms and also handle
troubles with individual calls.
- Administer first aid and/or CPR in emergency situations as
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison with public safety
officials on site.
- Conducts parcel pass inspections of employees exiting the
- Logs evidence and lost and found.
- Assist with the key and lock systems maintaining proper
- Assure that the Security Control Center stays clean and
- Prepares daily activity logs as well as incident reports
concerning response and investigation of alarms, policy and
procedure violations, rule violations, telephone situations, and
other security related issues.
- Other duties as determined by Lead Officer or Security
- Must be prepared to work any shift, as the schedule requires.
What is Preferred for Success
- High School diploma or GED
- Willingness to travel from time to time when needed
- Customer service experience
- Previous security/criminal justice education and/or comparable
experience or have a strong willingness to learn
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to be a Team player Physical Requirements While
Performing the Duties of This Job The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to stand and walk, occasionally run
- Use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects
- Frequently reach with hands and arms
- Talk and hear; taste or smell
- Be in situations of heights
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop; kneel, crouch, or
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include -- close
vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Long Term Disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Free 24/7 Downtown parking
- Pet Insurance What Makes Us Different Although we are a company
that is focused on real estate, we recognize that our people are
really our greatest asset. We are always seeking exceptional people
who are looking for more than just a job. People are the heart of
everything we do since 1988. Our innovative approaches have
positioned Eenhoorn as an industry leader. Our comprehensive
organizational structure and learning environment empower our team
members to "take ownership over their careers" and make a true
difference in our residents' lives and experiences. Our
service-oriented focus and commitment to excellence is the
fundamental strategy to how we do business. Additionally, we are
one of the only owner-managed property companies in the area and we
think this is pretty awesome. We invite you to learn more about
Eenhoorn and How We Do Awesome at our careers page listed below.
Learn How We Do Awesome at EENHOORN LLC. is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. PI197748985
Keywords: Eenhoorn, Grand Rapids , 3rd Shift Security Officer, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!