Line Cook up to $20/HR**
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*TIP POOLING*: In nod to the 'Japanese Way' we believe that no
job is above another. That's why here at Noodlepig we distribute
tips equally based on hours worked for that entire business day.
It's no secret in the restaurant industry that evenings bring in
more revenue so even if you are rocking out a morning prep shift
your hard work is acknowledged at the end of the day. The integrity
of our food is at the utmost importance and as our guests slurp
their way into ramen bliss, they will know that ALL our staff had a
hand in their experience and that together we contribute to ending
child hunger, one bowl at a time.
$20+/hr average\*\* $16/hr base plus tip pool enrolment. Tip
pooling calculation based on actual historical data.
We are a new gourmet fast-casual ramen shop in downtown Grand
Here we do things from scratch. We make our own unique ramen
noodles, we take our time producing our nutrient-rich bone broth,
and we only use fresh, high-end ingredients because our guests
deserve nothing less. Our ramen dishes include both traditional
Japanese styles plus fun fusion twists. Guests can choose from our
signature menu or build their own bowl.
Our work environment includes:
* On-the-job training
* Growth opportunities
We know there is a staff shortage right now, but because we hold
high standards of excellence, we will not be accepting just anyone.
We are only hiring Ramen Rockstars.
What is a Ramen ROCKSTAR? An energetic, hospitality-driven pro with
a contagious personality with a love for food and people.
So, if you consider yourself a true Ramen Rockstar, love our ramen,
share in our mission to end child hunger, believe in our Core
Values, and have an upbeat contagious personality, then come and
talk to us about joining the NOODLEPIG Cast!
*OUR CORE VALUES*
Be the best part of their day
Share the vision
Stay in character
End child hunger, one bowl at a time
*Lets end child hunger one bowl at a time*
For every bowl of ramen purchased, 3 hungry children are fed. One
right here in our city, one nationally, and one abroad (learn
more). So as our guests slurp away to ramen-bliss, we will know
that we have also made a significant impact in three children's
lives today. Together, let's end child hunger, one bowl at a
*About the Position*
Clearly, working at NOODLEPIG is about more than just delicious
ramen. At NOODLEPIG, we take pride in working with an amazing group
of like-minded Ramen Rockstars with a mission to end child hunger.
As a unified cast, we create 5-star level culinary experiences for
As a Line Cook, you will play a primary role in delivering that
5-star guest experience by exemplifying our Core Values in every
interaction. At NOODLEPIG, we have each other's backs and no job
role is above another's. Huge bonus points if you have prior
kitchen/restaurant experience, but for us, it's all about hiring
the right personality.
* Closing: 4pm - 11pm
* Enthusiastically greet all guests when they enter/exit the
* Have fun and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
* Strive to exceed guest expectations.
* Follow recipe and preparation guidelines, including food and
beverage preparation and point-of-sale service using provided
kitchen equipment, i.e. fryer, pasta cooker, and/or oven.
* Be a willing team player and maintain a cooperative, respectful
working relationship with management and fellow teammates.
* Be an ambassador for NOODLEPIG.
* Monitor the quality of products and take appropriate actions to
maintain that quality.
* Clean, organize, and restock all stations.
* Clean utensils, equipment, walls, floors, bathrooms, counters,
* Ensure personal appearance meets company standards and display
professionalism at all times.
* Recognize and adhere to all sanitation, safety, security policies
* Live and breath our Core Values
* Perform other tasks as directed by management.
* Experience working in a customer food service environment
* Must be able to operate a cash register and handle transactions
while adhering to all cash handling policies
* Must be able to lift 30-50lbs
* Ability to stand, bend, reach, and scoop throughout assigned
* Ability to be mobile in a walk-in refrigerator with temperatures
ranging from 40 - F to 0 - F.
* Must be able to work some weekends and holidays
* Kitchen (back-of-house) experience is preferred
* ServeSafe Certification preferred
* Alcohol server certification preferred
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: NOODLEPIG will make reasonable
accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to
enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential
functions of the job.
So, what do you think? Does this sound like the perfect fit for
you? If so, please apply. We've been waiting to find you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Why do you want to work for Noodlepig?
* Cooking: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Noodlepig, Grand Rapids , Line Cook up to $20/HR**, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!