Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to
join our team as a Forklift/Delivery Driver in Grand Rapids,
Michigan. The Forklift/Delivery Driver contributes to the success
of the warehouse and job site by assisting in receiving inbound
orders, preparing outbound deliveries, and operating the company
vehicle to deliver materials to surrounding properties.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Receive materials from vendors and prepare shipments using
forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ensure the accuracy of materials before delivery to
- Store product according to designated storage areas, adjusting
storage areas according to shipping needs and updating
- Deliver items by identifying destinations, establishing route,
operating the company vehicle, unloading items, and maintaining
- Collect materials and load vehicle at warehouse based on
delivery schedule. Deliver and unload materials at community site
including in apartments (if applicable).
- Prepare delivery vehicle for operation by inspecting general
condition, checking fluid levels and tire pressure, obtaining or
scheduling required repairs and validating adherence to road
- Maintain delivery records by tracking shipments, obtaining
receipt acknowledgments, recording tracking information when
necessary and completing driver log (if applicable).
- Assist in inventory counts as needed.Requirements, Skills and
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management
skills along with close attention to detail.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
are required for success in this position.
- Presents the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Must have a valid chauffeur's and driver's license.
- Must have OSHA-compliant forklift certification or ability to
obtain certification.Employees are required to be honest and
trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check
to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment homeWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit
qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic
information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Grand Rapids , Forklift/Delivery Driver, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!