FT Order Selector - Up to $21/Hr *Plus Incentives (2nd Shift Only)
Location: Byron Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*\*\*2nd Shifts Available Only\*\**
At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life
through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply
chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests
and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when
each will say, _*"I can't live without them."*_
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from
bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice
presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export
specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's
*People First* culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that
Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food
solutions company? Apply now!
850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
*Job Description: *
This role is responsible to complete selection orders by selecting
products from the warehouse racks and to assemble, palletize and/or
shrink wrap products/pallets for customer orders, accountable for
meeting productivity, accuracy and safety work standards. May be
required to use a variety of powered industrial equipment and may
be required to work in dry or cooled product areas including
refrigerated and freezer compartments.
*Here's what you'll do: *
* Complete selection orders: select products from the warehouse
racks/pick slots, assemble, palletize and/or shrink wrap
products/pallets for customer orders, and label cases/pallets with
order labels in a timely, accurate and efficient manner per company
* Select or otherwise handle cases, boxes, bags, and/or pallets of
dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry,
fish, beef, pork and/or tobacco products and related products as
identified on order forms, in the quantities specified, for
delivery to customers.
* Lift products weighing between 30-60 lbs. frequently and products
weighing up to 75 lbs. occasionally, while ensuring and maintaining
a safe work environment.
* Operate power industrial equipment such as a double pallet jack,
high-extender high-lift and other moving equipment (i.e.,
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment by properly disposing
of pallet boards, wood chips, and other trash, etc. and ensuring
any spills are cleaned up quickly and according to safety
* Conduct inspections of powered industrial equipment as required,
using a safety checklist, to ensure such equipment is in good
* Report damage products and quality issues and notify supervisor
of out-of-stock or low volume product(s).
* Participate in rotation of products, move products to dock areas
and perform other duties as assigned.
* Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
*Here's what you'll need: *
* High School Graduate (Preferred)
* Prior warehouse, distribution or retail experience preferred.
* Prior experience operating power industrial equipment, such as an
electrical pallet jack and high-extender high life preferred.
* Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or
without a reasonable accommodation in the conditions specified for
8 - 10-hour shifts.
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays, day and evening hours,
and overtime as assigned.
* Ability to follow basic verbal and written instructions and
communicate effectively to conduct the job requirements.
* Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills are required.
* Must be able to follow verbal (oral) and written
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced warehouse
* Able to safely operate warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks
and other material handling/industrial equipment.
* Must follow safe working practices in accordance with Company
safety policies and practices.
* Ability to work in multi-temperature areas as assigned (e.g.,
freezer, coolers, dry conditions).
* Must report for work regularly and on time, as scheduled.
* Must be able to take direction from supervisor(s) and works well
* Must work well under pressure, and is able to organize and
prioritize work assignments, and meet established deadlines.
* Must perform assigned tasks accurately and completely.
* Must be flexible and able to handle changes in work requirements
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the
perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that
those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our *People First* culture, SpartanNash is proud to
offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates
diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our
success. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* Order Selector: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: SpartanNash, Grand Rapids , FT Order Selector - Up to $21/Hr *Plus Incentives (2nd Shift Only), Other , Byron Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!