School Age Lead Teacher
Company: YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
NOW HIRING FALL 2022! Before and after school programming is
located at off-site school locations throughout the Greater Grand
Rapids area. OUR CULTURE: Guiding Principles describe our behaviors
to support our organization's work throughout its life in all
circumstances, irrespective of changes in goals, strategies, and
leadership. Our Guiding Principles are as follows: We CULTIVATE-We
grow staff and volunteer leaders who will be stewards of the Y
mission, resources, and opportunities. We OWN-We think long-term
and act on behalf of the organization, beyond our own team. We
WELCOME-We are inclusive of all people and all communities.
SERVE-We provide timely and excellent service to members,
volunteers, community, and each other. We LEARN -We are curious
about new possibilities and act to explore them. We UNITE-We work
together to achieve big goals and speak as one voice. We RESPECT-We
treat others with kindness and speak positively about other people
in all situations. We PLAY-We celebrate, appreciate, and have fun!
The YMCA of Great Grand Rapids utilizes a Membership By Design
framework, which is a member involvement and community building
model for YMCAs across the country. All staff members-front-line,
management, full- and part-time-and volunteers have a role to play
in member engagement. These responsibilities can be broken into six
- Staff and volunteers encourage potential members to enroll in
programs and activities that meet their needs.
- Staff and volunteers ask members continually about their
satisfaction with a program or activity, track responses, listen to
suggestions, and respond promptly in a manner consistent with the
values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Relationship Building: Staff and volunteers are open, friendly,
and approachable to all YMCA members and participants. Staff and
volunteers initiate interaction with and between members.
- Education and Conversion: Staff and volunteers know about and
share their knowledge of the YMCA, its programs, its policies, its
mission, its values, and how it benefits members and the
- Volunteerism and Leadership: Staff and volunteers create
opportunities for members to volunteer in their areas of interest,
and they ask members to do so whenever appropriate.
- Staff and volunteers encourage members to own the YMCA, using
words such as we, us, and our association (and actions that match
those words) to include members as well as staff and volunteers.
POSITION SUMMARY: The after school Lead Teacher is responsible for
the planning, developing, and implementation of classroom
activities. This position requires face-to-face leadership in this
program. This position requires Monday-Friday 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM and
3:00 PM -6:00 PM availability. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and leads daily lesson plans
- Organizes and participates in games and activities
- Provides weekly lesson plans to parents
- Provides each participant's parent with information on
individual activities on a daily basis
- Prepares materials for daily activities
- Maintains records of attendance and arrival and departure
- Maintains supervision of children
- Conducts parent-teacher conferences at least annually
- Maintains the quality and quantity of supplies, equipment, and
materials in the classroom Performs any other functions deemed to
be necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the YMCA of
Greater Grand Rapids Association COMPENSATION $15.49 - $19.36
hourly; Non-Exempt; Part time (up to 25 hours/week) Free YMCA
QUALIFICATIONS Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year
college; Bachelor's Degree (BA) preferred; six months to one year
childcare related experience; or equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience. Ability to interact with
people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles. Ability and
desire to work with infants, toddlers, preschool and school age
children. Working knowledge of computers and experience with a
variety of software applications. YMCA experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Blood Borne Pathogen training
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required
within the first 60 days
- First Aid Certification required within the first 60 days
- AED-Oxygen Certification required within the first 60 days
- State of Michigan criminal background clearance (ICHAT) YMCA
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: Functional Expertise
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the
job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a
framework to improve performance. Developing Self & Others
- Supports members, participants, or project teams in achieving
- Reflects on and learns from successes and mistakes.
- Proactively shares information, experiences, lessons learned,
and suggestions to help others be more successful.
- Volunteers for challenging tasks or projects in an effort to
grow and develop.
- Solicits and is open to informal learning opportunities to gain
insight (e.g., performance feedback, coaching, and stretch
- Embraces all dimensions of diversity (i.e., ability, age,
culture, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income,
national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic
status, etc.) by treating all people with dignity, compassion, and
- Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and
respected. WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work
environment and physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. TRAVEL: 0 - 5% of local travel within the
state of Michigan; occasional out-of-state travel may be required
for educational conferences or training. PM21 PI189797929
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids , School Age Lead Teacher, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!