Cook (Cafe Swing) - Part-Time 18hr/week; BONUS!
Company: Brio Living Services
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Caf Swing Cook
Porter Hills Village
$3,000 Commitment Bonus
Status: Part-time, 36 hours/bi-weekly
Shift: Varies (7:00am-12:00pm and 10:00am-2:00pm)
Schedule: 4 shifts/week,includes every other weekend and holiday
*Team Members that accept a part-time position in this role are
eligible for the $3,000 Commitment Bonus program, prorated based on
The Team Members of Brio Living Services provide a unique and
personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on
quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you
do every day!
A Few of the Brio Living Services Benefits:
- Voluntary Benefits for part-time team members
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Birthday and Holidays
- DAILYPAY - immediate access to your pay from hours worked the
- Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity
- Team Member Referral bonus program
- Attendance and Longevity Bonus
- Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program (Growth
- Annual Increases Job Summary:
Porter Hills Village is seeking a Cook to work with the Chef within
the Dining Services department to ensure that high quality,
properly seasoned, nutritious food is being provided throughout the
operation, in a fiscally responsible and safe manner. Works
cooperatively as a valued member of the Dining Services team,
assisting with any aspect of the Dining Services Program necessary.
This position involves the physical work of preparing food in a
commercial kitchen environment. These responsibilities include
moving inventory, product, carts, etc. as well as food preparation
and production using kitchen utensil and commercial kitchen
As the caf cook, you are responsible for the preparation, cooking
and serving of a variety of dishes and sides according to provided
recipes. Cleaning and inventory will be required during non-meal
times and will be done with others in the caf. When working the
coffee cart you will be responsible for setting up, stocking, and
relaying inventory need to supervisor. The coffee cart operator
will go around and assist elders with getting Coffee and preferred
creamers, etc. A full job description will be provided upon hire
and request; other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with older adults,
personnel, and support organizations
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the
- Acts as a team playerThe above is a summary of the position, it
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will
be required to perform. If selected for the position you will
receive a full job description.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at a minimum eighteen (18) years of age
- 5 year prior kitchen prep/cooking experience
- Servsafe Certification
- Previous experience working in a Cook positionAll employment
offers are contingent upon successful completion of a
pre-employment criminal background check, TB screen at time of hire
and verification of professional licensure, if applicable.
In addition, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or agreement to
participate in weekly Covid testing and/or approved exemption is
- Prior experience preparing and cooking for elders in a
retirement community settingNOTE: The rate of pay will be
determined based on relevant employment experience. Your resume
should adequately reflect all paid dining services experience.
- Brio Living Services is a federally funded program through CMS
and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to
the Participant Rights.
- Brio Living Services provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.Required
Keywords: Brio Living Services, Grand Rapids , Cook (Cafe Swing) - Part-Time 18hr/week; BONUS!, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!